Wisdom teeth commiseration thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
GAHHHHHHHHHH!

Had a top one removed a few months ago due to it mashing up my lower gums, now one of the bottom ones is growing forwards and is levering out one of my teeth! The gap below the teeth got infected and that was solved my anti-biotics until a couple of weeks ago when I foolishly had a swig of mouthwash (to keep things clean) and then BOOM 'kin agony.

Sigh, when the top tooth was removed I thought my problems were over -
Http://lawsie.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/wisdom-tooth-your-reign-of-oppression.html

Now I'm in so much pain I can't even close my mouth properly. The net affect of all this is that I've only ridden my bike a handful of time since Easter :sad:

Then last Sunday I felt kinda okay so went out on my skateboard, but since then things have gone downhill fast. I'm now on codeine, which I've been trying to avoid, but to be honest I'd try anything now.

I've just had to pull out of a sportive tomorrow that will be my little sisters first 100 miler.

I never had any idea wisdom teeth could be so heinous! What a rubbish bit of design!

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Tooth problems killed my riding in 2011, the cycle of pain, infections and treatment caused me to give up on the offending teeth and have them removed. Even when the dentist seemed happy with them, I wasn't. I was referred to a dental hospital to have all these troublesome teeth removed while sedated. (+ days off work while waiting for the effects of the sedative to wear off :thumbsup:)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I had to have top and bottom lot surgically removed under full anesthetic as they were growing in horizontally forcing the other teeth out of shape, this has caused no end of problems with the other teeth over the years as it let bacteria /food etc in the gaps .
Lost lower molars both sides because of it .

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Tooth problems killed my riding in 2011, the cycle of pain, infections and treatment caused me to give up on the offending teeth and have them removed. Even when the dentist seemed happy with them, I wasn't. I was referred to a dental hospital to have all these troublesome teeth removed while sedated. (+ days off work while waiting for the effects of the sedative to wear off :thumbsup:)

How many times did you try antibiotics?

midlife

Guru
If you want to get it over and done with and go privately I can put out a few feelers for a good surgeon..............

Shaun

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have some co-codamol and string ..........................
tooth-pull-drone.jpg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I had to have a lower wisdom tooth taken out last year. It to was moving Inwards and twisting and became infected. My dentist took it out for me. It took an hour for her to take it out, but didn't hurt a bit. It cost me £60. Well worth having it taken out. Having painful teeth is horrendous, and makes you feel, worse than just about anything. Good luck, hope you get it sorted soon.

Top Bottom