Wish I'd had a camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonker

Guru
Passed a line of traffic on the outside this morning ( up the road with Leatherhead's crazy cycle lane actually --it's been burned off again now) and passed a woman in a Toyota Picnic head off at 45 degrees into the oncoming lane. The line of traffic was probably doing about 3 miles an hour and she was letting the car forward with no hands or knees on the wheel.

I looked in her window and she was looking down texting or email with both hands on one of those phones with a full keyboard.

As she looked up, I didn't shout just gestured (nicely), she realised where she was heading and you could see the panic on her face. I wish I hadn't disturbed her now she would probably have eventually hit the opposite kerb.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
bonker said:
Passed a line of traffic on the outside this morning ( up the road with Leatherhead's crazy cycle lane actually --it's been burned off again now) and passed a woman in a Toyota Picnic head off at 45 degrees into the oncoming lane. The line of traffic was probably doing about 3 miles an hour and she was letting the car forward with no hands or knees on the wheel.

I looked in her window and she was looking down texting or email with both hands on one of those phones with a full keyboard.

As she looked up, I didn't shout just gestured (nicely), she realised where she was heading and you could see the panic on her face. I wish I hadn't disturbed her now she would probably have eventually hit the opposite kerb.

I wouldnt worry about it. She shouldnt have been using the phone and she knows it.

I was in the work carpark today leaving work and in a similar position where I made a polite call that "I think you should put the phone away luv". She'd just stopped dead as I was riding up behind her (luckily I gave her a wide berth seeing the phone beforehand).

Nothing is that important that it cant wait imo.

BenM

Veteran
nothing is that important that it cant wait imo.
+1 - Saw a chap turning right out of his drive onto an A road the other day, he drove up the opposite bank becasue he was on the phone!

B.

Top Bottom