Wish I'd had a camera

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by bonker, 4 May 2010.

1. bonker

bonker Über Member

Passed a line of traffic on the outside this morning ( up the road with Leatherhead's crazy cycle lane actually --it's been burned off again now) and passed a woman in a Toyota Picnic head off at 45 degrees into the oncoming lane. The line of traffic was probably doing about 3 miles an hour and she was letting the car forward with no hands or knees on the wheel.

I looked in her window and she was looking down texting or email with both hands on one of those phones with a full keyboard.

As she looked up, I didn't shout just gestured (nicely), she realised where she was heading and you could see the panic on her face. I wish I hadn't disturbed her now she would probably have eventually hit the opposite kerb.

2. downfader

downfader extimus uero philosophus

I wouldnt worry about it. She shouldnt have been using the phone and she knows it.

I was in the work carpark today leaving work and in a similar position where I made a polite call that "I think you should put the phone away luv". She'd just stopped dead as I was riding up behind her (luckily I gave her a wide berth seeing the phone beforehand).

Nothing is that important that it cant wait imo.

3. BenM

BenM Senior Member

+1 - Saw a chap turning right out of his drive onto an A road the other day, he drove up the opposite bank becasue he was on the phone!

B.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice