(Withdrawn): Trek Wahoo 24" girl's bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
**Now withdrawn**

For sale is my daughter's Trek Wahoo 24". It's a 2020 model, it was bought new in April 20 - used for one summer, and outgrown in a year (groan).
Suits riders 130-150cm tall (4 ft 3 in to 4ft 11in), ages 7 to 10 roughly. It's classed as a hybrid but with big chunky tyres and low gearing I'd say it's closer to a junior MTB.

Spec is as standard, it's a Trek Alpha aluminium frame (flamingo pink and purple trim), 8 speed Shimano Altus gearing (trigger shift), Shimano V brakes. As extras, it has full mudguards and the matching pink Bontrager bottle cage.

Condition is really beautiful, very light use, never dropped or abused, and well maintained. The only signs of use are a couple of really tiny pin sized paint chips and one little scratch on the front fork. See pics.

New ones retail at £490, I would like to ask £250.
Collection preferred in Hertfordshire, although I do have a box and packing in the garage, so if you want it couriered it can be discussed.
I'm also prepared to drive up to an hour or so to meet a buyer halfway.

20210429_185002.jpg
20210429_185103.jpg
20210429_183931.jpg 20210429_183943.jpg 20210429_184944.jpg

Last edited:
I really like that. Shame it's just fractionally too small for me... :blush:

Anyways, just want to ask what mudguards those are, and where can I get a set? :scratch: Those would look far nicer on my Raleigh Max than the el-cheapo £5 Wilkinsons jobbies.

OP
OP
CanucksTraveller

CanucksTraveller

I really like that. Shame it's just fractionally too small for me... :blush:

Anyways, just want to ask what mudguards those are, and where can I get a set? :scratch: Those would look far nicer on my Raleigh Max than the el-cheapo £5 Wilkinsons jobbies.
Yes I think my girl is about your height Reynard, and she's just had to move up to the 26 inch wheel version of this bike. (Sadly not in pink, they don't do that colour this year).

The mudguards aren't marked as far as I can see, but likely Bontrager on a Trek bike. I'm not sure if this size are available separately as they were put on by the dealer (Pedalworks in Dunstable). A quick look on the Trek Bontrager site seems to suggest they might be a smaller version of the Bontrager NCS, but that 24" size don't seem to be available as a retail item. Her new bike has come with the same mudguards, but a 26" size. Weird as I didn't ask for them, and most Wahoos are without mudguards. The dealer for the new one was Pedal Revolution in Norwich. Might be worth asking either dealer if they can source them?
https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/...rager-ncs-fender-set/p/09150/?colorCode=black

Yes I think my girl is about your height Reynard, and she's just had to move up to the 26 inch wheel version of this bike. (Sadly not in pink, they don't do that colour this year).

The mudguards aren't marked as far as I can see, but likely Bontrager on a Trek bike. I'm not sure if this size are available separately as they were put on by the dealer (Pedalworks in Dunstable). A quick look on the Trek Bontrager site seems to suggest they might be a smaller version of the Bontrager NCS, but that 24" size don't seem to be available as a retail item. Her new bike has come with the same mudguards, but a 26" size. Weird as I didn't ask for them, and most Wahoos are without mudguards. The dealer for the new one was Pedal Revolution in Norwich. Might be worth asking either dealer if they can source them?
https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/...rager-ncs-fender-set/p/09150/?colorCode=black

Yes, it's always worth asking, thanks for that. :okay: Guards that work well with 24" wheels are not the easiest to come by.

My Raleigh Max MTB runs 24" wheels, but it's a bigger frame (15" as opposed to 12") than the Trek, so I can see why your girl had to move up to the 26" wheel version. I've managed to bodge the rear guard on the Max, but the front one is most excellent at flicking mud onto my feet and the BB.

In my opinion it's perfect but I got the wrong response to the colour when I just showed the young'un. "Too pink" apparently. Thanks anyway.

OP
OP
CanucksTraveller

CanucksTraveller

It fetched £351 on eBay, (assuming the buyer pays... I've been there before), just in case anyone's interested in the current trends on used bike prices.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trek-Wah...-/303988850743?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Top Bottom