Witnessed another collision...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
On the film set yesterday - looks like a car ran an early red and the cyclist ran a late one. Pringled front wheel, and the rider was hopping about on one leg. The coppers doing traffic for the filming sorted it out. Nothing to do with the TfL filming, mind, this was on the other side of the junction, and they achieved it all on their own.

Amazingly, during 2 out of 4 of the first few test circuits of the lorry, a random real cyclist went to undertake it, despite the lorry indicating left. :biggrin:

No film.:biggrin:

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
...I was facing the wrong way. It's not really something I want to film anyway, apart from the use as evidence for the parties involved in the collision.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Crikey hackers, it's not like this is the first one I've been on, far from it. The others weren't cycling though, nor the excitement of a lorry undertaking vid.

@fimm, it was for a TfL lorry/cyclist safety viral video.

BentMikey said:
Crikey hackers, it's not like this is the first one I've been on, far from it. The others weren't cycling though, nor the excitement of a lorry undertaking vid.

@fimm, it was for a TfL lorry/cyclist safety viral video.

You film star you.:sad:;)

BentMikey said:
Amazingly, during 2 out of 4 of the first few test circuits of the lorry, a random real cyclist went to undertake it, despite the lorry indicating left. :sad:

What are the chances??xx(

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:

Amazingly, during 2 out of 4 of the first few test circuits of the lorry, a random real cyclist went to undertake it, despite the lorry indicating left. xx(

I assume this is mentioned in jest as I am not at all amazed...nor surprised...not even a little startled.:sad:

When ever I ride the car or the motorcycle in, I ALWAYS get a cyclist riding up the left ...despite signally and turning my wheels in an OTT manner. When on the motorbike, I often put my arm out to stop them when I see them coming, like a hand signal, which is really, really tricky to do when trying topull away..what with a clutch & gears to contend with, cyclist need to be aware how dangerous this is to motorcyclists as it is very easy to topple a heavy motorbike at slow speed...(perhaps I need a scooter!)

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
hackbike 666 said:
Nor do I dude...but it happens.

I bet Gaz would take no prisoners.:sad:
Lol.. not me. I often block paths up lorries and busses to try and stop other cyclists going up there, i really don't want to see someone getting pushed into the pavement.

I've seen my fair share of prangs whilst on the road. I think i have only uploaded one. And that was when a moped overtook a BT van indicating right.

One of the 'best' i've seen was a cyclist filtering through some heavy traffic and he put his hand on a bonnet of a car to stop him and his bike falling on that car. the driver went nuts and was on a vedetta to get some revenge. he started swerving all over the road, braking right in front of the cyclist. Eventually the cyclist kicked the door in of the car. Then all hell broke lose and the driver and passenger got out and the cyclist confronted them. I thought that a fight was coming them so decided to jump in and diffuse the situation. Coppers called and statements taken.
Don't know what happened after that.

Fortunately I've only seen the aftermath of a bike collision and from a distance. I'm only guessing but it looked like a courier had been clipped from behind by a driver. He wasn't moving but given my distance from him and the number of folk already around him, I decided my presence wouldn't have helped.

Top Bottom