Woken up this morning....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
There is one particular viaduct that I drive trains across that is inhabitated by kamikaze pigeons. They dive straight at the trains, most veer off at the last second, but, there is always the dim one of the flock who doesn't and BAMM. straight into the front of the loco. There are bodies littered all along the viaduct. Could I get councilling for this sort of behaviour?

Cab said:
And a racing pigeon tastes ace,although he requires long, patient stewing. .

I take it that no one raises any objection when you do a bit of "harvesting" at the local lofts?

yenrod

And what time was this at ?

Arch said:
... by four adolescents sitting on my windowsill, tapping at the window. Not bad, for the second floor.

Lucky they were pigeons...

Wierd though, pigeons NEVER sit on my windowsill. It was like being in The Birds. I sussed what it was, and peeked carefully round the curtain, to find myself eye-to-eye with one of them, which froze, looking at me. I'm not sure which of us was trying not to frighten the other one off... After a few second they all flew off, in a loop, to sit on my other window sill, so I peeked round that curtain and we did the whole staring at each other thing all over again, before they finally winged it...

I think maybe they mistook my window boxes for trees...

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yenrod. 7am, why?

Cab, since I live in the city centre, I suspect they come under your 'manky' category.. Although they looked very sleek, not raggedy, which is what made me think they were still young.

Bonj, I don't think I've ever had a pigeon fly at my head quite like that. Maybe they are playing chicken? I find it funny when they are on the ground, and walk faster and faster to get away from you, as if they forget they can fly...

I guess if you could fly, and were bored, you might have fun playing chicken - which is perhaps what those train dodging ones are doing?

There is a tree opposite the flat, with a wood pigeon nest in it, and a couple of weeks ago I heard a lot of flapping, always about the same time of evening, for a week, and when I looked out, saw Mrs Woodpigeon trying to shrug off the amorous attempts of Mr Woodpigeon, who I think might have been a beginner, because he was trying to sit on her head...

Cab

Patrick Stevens said:
I take it that no one raises any objection when you do a bit of "harvesting" at the local lofts?

You have to know someone who keeps racers. What do you think happen to the old birds?

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cab said:
You have to know someone who keeps racers. What do you think happen to the old birds?

Turkey Twizzlers?

Top Bottom