woman on the television who swims underwater??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: That brightened my morning!!! Thanks chaps and chapettes, Tanya Streeter it is. I'm sooo gullible, with much trepidation I clicked on Fnaars Anne Widdicombe link.........
BTW, Anybody else here who thought that regular cycling had resulted and some decent lung capacity and then tried smimming and ended up gasping like a beached whale aftera couple of lengths?

Panter

Just call me Chris...
bobg said:
BTW, Anybody else here who thought that regular cycling had resulted and some decent lung capacity and then tried smimming and ended up gasping like a beached whale aftera couple of lengths?

I very nearly drowned the last time I went swimming as I confidently set off with my new-found "cycling fitness"....... and then ran out of steam in the middle of the pool :biggrin: :biggrin:

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
andygates said:
That'll be the heavy legs and shocking technique, then. I know it well :biggrin:

Yup, I'm coming round to the idea that it's exactly that - Bloody hell. breast stroke can't be that difficult can it! Any experts out there? There's 9 year old kids whizzing past me - if there was sand available they'd be kicking it in my face...:biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
Do you keep your head above water Bobg? Allowing the head to dip under allows for a much more efficient and fluid stroke.

Concentrate on the legs part of the stroke, get that smooth and powerful and you can faff about with what you do with your arms while motoring along using your legs.
Be careful to not split your kipper when first entering the pool. Warm up your groin area slowly.

Arms? Trace a large keyhole shape from full extension and then move them forward underneath you quickly*. The keyhole is mainly used when practicing good technique as when in proper swimming mode it don't usually look like a keyhole shape.

*This should be the fastest part of the whole stroke and the only time you should create a splash.

Smooth fluid strokes are much faster and efficient than thrashing.

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
longers said:
Do you keep your head above water Bobg? Allowing the head to dip under allows for a much more efficient and fluid stroke.

Thanks Longers, Its pretty much all of those things that are the problem/s:blush: I'll experiment with what you said I'm gonna persevere and maybe get a few one to one lessons.( Maybe Anne W's free) Goggles have been a big help for the underwater bit. That weightloss thread and twentyinches fortyinch started this damned thing. A 20 mile round trip on the bike and an hours swim in between gives that great natural "high":smile:

Top Bottom