Woman who caused the TDF crash arrested.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/s...r-de-france-crash-arrested-bfm-tv-2021-06-30/
1625064760510.png

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good. The woman was only intetested in getting on telly. She deserves everything she gets.
Maybe it will teach the other attention seekers to be a bit more careful, although we are talking about Frenchies.
It does continue to annoy me that and sizable amount of the "spectators" are not watching the riders, but grinning and waving to the camera bikes as the race passes by, trying to get their 30 seconds of fame. Typical of the social media generation I'm afraid.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
What will she be charged with? Yes,it was a totally 'look at me' act of gross stupidity,but was it a criminal offence? The tour's organisers let the public get so close,so what do they expect! Out of the many thousands lining the route you can guarantee one ot two at least will act like a dick and put the riders at risk. If i remember rightly,in the early 2000's Lance Armstrong was brought off his bike by a spectator's camera bag strap,while one year some plank took their Golden Retriever to the race and let it wander across the road as the riders approached at speed.😒

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

What will she be charged with? Yes,it was a totally 'look at me' act of gross stupidity,but was it a criminal offence? The tour's organisers let the public get so close,so what do they expect! Out of the many thousands lining the route you can guarantee one ot two at least will act like a dick and put the riders at risk. If i remember rightly,in the early 2000's Lance Armstrong was brought off his bike by a spectator's camera bag strap,while one year some plank took their Golden Retriever to the race and let it wander across the road as the riders approached at speed.😒
We tend to associate criminal with bad and immoral intentions such as deceit, theft, assault etc. She is probably going to be charged with the French version of negligence ( not bad intentions) but her conduct caused an incident and that conduct was negligent on her part . She knew it was a race involving speed. She stepped on the road. She did not keep watch while vast majority did. etc etc.

Last edited:

PK99

Legendary Member

From several press reports.

The police intend to charge the spectator with “unintentional short-term injury through a manifestly deliberate breach of a duty of safety or care”, lieutenant-colonel Joel Scherer of the French Gendarmerie told AFP.

Top Bottom