Women’s gel seat cover for spin bike help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HumpTdumpty

HumpTdumpty
Hi All hope your managing to stay healthy safe and well - whilst H based my partner has started to use my ex demo spin bike - you guessed it not used to cycling yet and finds the seat pictured uncomfortable I’m so proud of her for working out with me in these challenging times and don’t want her to give up any advice on a reasonable priced purchase to help keep her motivated I don’t want to change the seat as it works for me ? Any help much appreciated her birthday is fast approaching (I will get her a non bike related present(S) also rest assured 😏

Attachments

• C6752769-DCB7-48EF-83CF-46AF307D8ECB.jpeg
    C6752769-DCB7-48EF-83CF-46AF307D8ECB.jpeg
    13.5 KB · Views: 4

vickster

Legendary Member
A gel cover won’t help if it’s simply the wrong size and shape for her. Buy her a wsd saddle

Sharky

Guru
Yep, buy her, her own saddle and seat post and then you can mark both at their appropriate heights and easily swap them, without upsetting saddle tilt etc.

vickster

Legendary Member
Have her measure her sit bones so at least you can get the right width saddle, and then decide on a style.
does she have padded shorts? Static cycling is harder on the nether regions than outdoors as you don’t move around as much on the saddle

vickster

Legendary Member
The OP could just buy one and see of course, if it’s only a few quid. Google presumably will provide some options. I didn’t know that they're gender specific? Although if the saddle is the wrong size and shape, no amount of gel will make it comfortable:smile:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Good advice above - if the saddle is a crap shape no amount of gel will make it better. In fact I'm dead against gel because it makes your bottom sweat and transfers weight to tender bits. Far better to get a decent saddle like a Charge Ladle and as advised above, a seatpost to go with it marked with a bit of tape to ensure it's always at the correct height. Does she also wear mitts to pad the palms of her hands? And proper padded shorts?

OP
OP
HumpTdumpty

HumpTdumpty

HumpTdumpty
Thanks all that’s really helpful if I go down the saddle Route was thinking of getting one of these save “fettling about re saddle set up” each time we swop to use, however this is the only option I’ve been able to find anyone out there no any alternatives ? Regardless thanks again to all

Attachments

• 2EF6A81D-41B5-4608-BB31-7FED1EE69E7A.jpeg
    2EF6A81D-41B5-4608-BB31-7FED1EE69E7A.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 2

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
My wife has a gel saddle cover bought in a Super-U in Normandy for probably €5 or so. She swears by it. If I tell her "but people on Cyclechat say they are a really bad idea" she tells me to fark off.

I had a gel cover for several years back before I had the spare cash for new saddles.

It never did me any harm.

Thanks all that’s really helpful if I go down the saddle Route was thinking of getting one of these save “fettling about re saddle set up” each time we swop to use, however this is the only option I’ve been able to find anyone out there no any alternatives ? Regardless thanks again to all

You never know, a saddle that suits your wife might turn out to be OK for you too..

Stranger things have happened in lock-down.. :whistle:

Top Bottom