Women Drivers!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Longshot

Generally good drivers can have off days. Any driver can be a bad driver, even for a few moments. There are no hard and fast rules.

thommo74

Ha ha. I'm just waiting for a woman to post that most men generally over estimate on what a good 6 inches is. Myself excluded of course.:thumbsup:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Men - Women ...makes no difference- There's cockwombles of both sexes pretty much evenly as far as I can tell.

But almost every time someone scares me poo-less I can guarantee they'll be driving an Audi.

on the road

Über Member
This really isn't just a sexist rant because a "white van woman" nearly wiped me out at a busy roundabout this morning I promise......However, I have now been a cycle commuter for around 4 months and the fact as I see it is that in that the majority of women in cars pass an awful lot closer to cyclists than men do. Now I know there are a lot of good women drivers out there but nobody is going to tell me that they can judge a gap to pass by you within what seems like a few inches.
The thing I have noticed is they seem to try to stay within the white line down the middle of the road even when there is no oncoming traffic and they would rather squeeze a cyclist than go over the line.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour or is it just the good women on the Isle of Thanet who behave this way?
I've noticed the exact opposite, women drivers seem to give me more room while male drivers come close.

Although I seem to get cut up more by women drivers than by male drivers.

Robson3022

I wasn't trying to tar everyone with the same brush, I really do know there are good and bad drivers whatever sex, colour or religion but it was just something I have noticed in my brief cycling effort so far.

That's not what you said you said all women were terrible drivers and shouldn't be allowed on the roads....

so ner ner ner ner ner

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I walked out this lunchtime and the first cars I saw were a red Fiesta with go faster stripes racing a series 1 BMW, both caning it along in a 30 limit. Both driven by young men.

On the way back to work, I had to stop abruptly as some daft woman turned left into a side road without signalling, braking very late so the car behind nearly spammed into her. She was yabbering away on the mobile phone clamped to one ear.

I did wonder what idiot thought of giving a mobile phone and a car to a woman at the same time, but that was just sexist comedy..especially as the majority of mobile phone drivers I see seem to be tradesmen in vans.

I do sometimes think that close passes seem to be ladies in smaller cars but this morning a lady bucked the trend by holding back at a pinch point.

You can't generalise.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well.......if women can judge width why do they always ask "does my bum look big in this".......THEY KNOW IT DOES^_^.
BTW. My wife doesn't use this computer.
Just yesterday a woman driver just missed side-swiping me.....it was only my braking hard that avoided it. Well I didn't actually see if it was a woman......I just assume it must have been-------is that wrong???

Linford

There is an F1 simulator on Weston-Super-Mare pier. Both myself and my daughter went on there. She got up in to the top 20 on her first go..Me, well what can I say than it is a lot more difficult to keep it on the circuit than it looks ^_^:blush:

OP
OP
Spasspecker

Spasspecker

On a slightly different subject why do drivers (MALE OR FEMALE ^_^) suddenly get a brain wobble if there happens to be more than one cyclist in a small stretch of road, even with a gap of 30 feet between them drivers seem to feel the need to overtake both cyclists at the same time as if they are on some strange tandem!

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Don't know that either sex is worst really. There are some right plonkers of both sexes out there!
What I have noticed though, is most close passes have been from cars where the driver can barely be visible above the windscreen and seem completely oblivious to the fact that I may in fact be a living breathing human being, as opposed to a bog standard street light :wacko:. Oh, and sorry but, they do seem to look the other side of 75.

WobblyBob

I agree with the OP, infact i just had this conversation with a colleague this morning...& i agree with the poster above me where most of them seem to be 'getting on a bit' aswell !!
That's just my limited experience out on the roads of the North East anyway :whistle:

Crosstrailer

Can't wait for a few seconds and have to rush past even it if means then braking hard - invariably a man

Pass far too close even if it is an open road - invariably a woman

theclaud

Openly Marxist
This really isn't just a sexist rant because a "white van woman" nearly wiped me out at a busy roundabout this morning I promise......However, I have now been a cycle commuter for around 4 months and the fact as I see it is that in that the majority of women in cars pass an awful lot closer to cyclists than men do. Now I know there are a lot of good women drivers out there but nobody is going to tell me that they can judge a gap to pass by you within what seems like a few inches.
The thing I have noticed is they seem to try to stay within the white line down the middle of the road even when there is no oncoming traffic and they would rather squeeze a cyclist than go over the line.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour or is it just the good women on the Isle of Thanet who behave this way?

Funny how it looks just like one, then!

Top Bottom