Women's geometry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Have nearly bought a Dolce a couple of times. Fits me well too. As a matter of interest, did you find that similar sized frame men's bikes that you tried were a bit of a stretch?
If it fits and you like it, then there isn't any great reason not to buy one :smile: And I don't like Specialized bikes :whistle:

Peteaud

Veteran
Yes i did. Funnily both my current bikes and my bikes for the previous 15 years have been Specialized. No matter what i try i always come back to them for the best fit and they are even better after a pro fit. It is a lovely bike and i have done a lot of mileage on it since i got it in May.

Mrs Aud is 5 foot tall with small hands and has the Spesh Dolce with the old 2300 gears (with the button). She went for the bike because it was the only one she felt fitted, and the thumb lever whilst frowned upon by many is very simple for her small hands.

She gets on well with it.

sazzaa

I'm 5ft 7" and have a men's cx 154cm, the only problems I could see were the saddle (which I changed to a women's one) and if you had small hands you'd struggle with the levers a bit (tiagra), but my hands are quite big so it's fine.

I have never ridden a women's specific bike. (I'm 5ft 6inch, so not exactly short, with longer legs, shorter upper body.) Usually I end up with a bike that fits my leg length and needs a shorter stem. Currenlty I have
a road bike (54cm) - legs fit fine, needed a shorter stem and narrower bars though (men's saddle is most comfortable)
a mountain bike (15.5 inch) - needed a longer seat post, but the reach is spot on (stock saddle is fine for comfort). In the past I have gone with 17inch mtb bikes and shortened the stem.
an expedition bike/touring bike (custom fit) - (women specific saddle until it wore out and the design has been discontinued. still looking for comfortable replacement).

If it is comfortable for you, then fine don't worry about what sex it was designed for.

Top Bottom