Women's hybrid for <£500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Large

Duty idiot
Howdy folks. My 10 year-old, 5ft tall daughter is rapidly outgrowing her 24" Trek MTB and will be able to cycle to school from September this year.

Given she has a lot of kit to carry, I am thinking of replacing the MTB later in the year with a hybrid as they can be adorned with the necessary carriers for the school kit.

So, I will have between £400 and £500 to spend and a sports hybrid will probably be the thing to get.

Any recommendations from anyone with experiences of this type of bike? (and those without!)

I was in one my of LBS's the other day getting some bits and spotted an alloy Claude Butler ladies hybrid that looked good value at £330 was thinking about it for Mrs Viking (about 5ft 4) but she shes okay with what she has at moment, but thought for the cash it looked cracking value... sorry cant help you with model name though

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
That looks just the thing. Thanks.

Just a thought.....If you're looking for a bike with front suspension then try to buy one with lockout forks if it is to be ridden on the road. Because with all the effort your daughter puts in peddling most of her energy will be lost with the bounce of the bike

London Female

Über Member
I have a small Cannondale Quick hybrid (am 5ft 2) which I have fitted with mudguards, rack and pannier for commuting. Can't remember exactly what I paid for it as I got it in the sale but if I remember the full price was around £500.

Top Bottom