Womens jerseys...arrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
hobbitonabike

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
Where have you been locally for a look rather than the net?
Top Mark: Barrow
Ghyll Cycles: Ulverston
Wheelbase: Kendal
Ghyllside Cycles: Ambleside

Get in there non girly girl and talk to the staff about your requirements.:thumbsup:

Very good point! Not been up to Wheelbase for a while. I do like Top Mark, might have to pop in for a chat with them. Just been sat browsing with a brew now and then to see what I can find. Are you on comission??? ;-)

SS Retro

Are you on comission??? ;-)

Nah, I buy most things from Planet X, but for mechanicals or just advice Top mark is a great friendly LBS, the one in Ambleside seems good too, dont much care for Wheelbase too much like a superstore.

OP
OP
hobbitonabike

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
I like going to Wheelbase more for the jolly out and a walk up the river lol. Not been to the one in Ambleside. May have to have a trip up. Top Mark are great. We got our kayaks from there too and always get good service.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
I've only been into Ghyllside cycles once (for a tube), its not a big shop, I doubt they'd carry a lot of stock. I wouldn't make a trip especially although you could combine it with a trip to wheelbase and more importantly a stop at wilfs!!

henshaw11

Despite being a bloke, I've a few Corinne Dennis jerseys (ls and ss) bought in assorted lbs sales - AFAICS the fit change a while back so the body's relatively shorter nowadays, so I'm back on blokes fitting if I get any more. The materials used are very stretchy - more like a heavier lycra than the more open weave stuff that jerseys are now often made from - so should cover a fair range sizewise.

Mange-tout

I'm not a girly girl either. I have short boring hair, rarely wear makeup and wouldn't wear pastel pink outside of cycling.

But, for some strange reason, when I'm looking at bike stuff, anything with a flower decal, or pastel colours, or 'girly' touches always wins me over. A bit embarrassing to admit.

However I can't really indulge myself at the moment as I have to wear men's XXL jerseys and gilets (although I have found a ladies' Altura purple jacket I can squeeze into). I can't wait for the day when I can order my first girly outfit:blush:. Bring on the flowers!^_^.

I do really like the Hincapie jersey as well though, and would happily wear it too:smile:. Hope you like it when it arrives.

OP
OP
hobbitonabike

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
I'm not a girly girl either. I have short boring hair, rarely wear makeup and wouldn't wear pastel pink outside of cycling.

But, for some strange reason, when I'm looking at bike stuff, anything with a flower decal, or pastel colours, or 'girly' touches always wins me over. A bit embarrassing to admit.

However I can't really indulge myself at the moment as I have to wear men's XXL jerseys and gilets (although I have found a ladies' Altura purple jacket I can squeeze into). I can't wait for the day when I can order my first girly outfit:blush:. Bring on the flowers!^_^.

I do really like the Hincapie jersey as well though, and would happily wear it too:smile:. Hope you like it when it arrives.
We all have to have our guilty secrets lol ;-)
The Hincapie came and is actually more turquoise than the blue I expected but love it and is comfy. I had to go for the large as they were sold out of mediums and good job I did as it just fits...hopefully in a few months it will be a bit looser lol.

Mange-tout

We all have to have our guilty secrets lol ;-)
The Hincapie came and is actually more turquoise than the blue I expected but love it and is comfy. I had to go for the large as they were sold out of mediums and good job I did as it just fits...hopefully in a few months it will be a bit looser lol.

Ooh, my favourite colour is turquoise..........it sounds absolutely lovely :becool:

Top Bottom