Women's Tour - "SPOILERS"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldroadman

Veteran
The biggest women's race this country has seen outside of the Olympics is coming up in about 10 days, and yet no comments or threads? Surprising, as this will also be one of the biggest in Europe this season. So thoughts and predictions...?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
You're allowed to start threads yourself - oh, you just did!

OP
OP
O

oldroadman

Veteran
There was I thinking that there was no interest in one of the biggest growth areas in the sport. Faith a bit restored at least by two of you. Seen the website, just wondered if anyone else had even bothered to google it!

I was looking at it over the wknd. Too far away for a stage this year. LA said last year it was a major target and the British team was announced recently. Do I pass?

thom

____
There was I thinking that there was no interest in one of the biggest growth areas in the sport. Faith a bit restored at least by two of you. Seen the website, just wondered if anyone else had even bothered to google it!
I had not heard of it until you mentioned it and had to do a look on the UCI website for the women's schedule to find out something about it. I can't imagine there will be much tv coverage - perhaps there is a feed through the website ?

But it is true that given the level of attention the Giro and Tour are getting for their trips to the UK, this race could be getting more publicity.

Might I ask if you have an involvement in the organisation of this btw ?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Me too and their image.
Good bit of reappropriation there, though. I approve entirely!:thumbsup:

the start list looks great. shame the wonderful Judith Arndt is no longer racing... but Vos, Trott (x2), Rowsell, Armitstead, King and lots more. should be good.

i may try and get to the start and finish of the penultimate stage.

Top Bottom