Woo hoo; getting excited now!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Chocolate is a necessity all year round, turkey and pigs in blankets can have one day of the year as far as i am concerned.

stephec

Legendary Member
Post of December. more like! :laugh:

Don't get me wrong - I do like seeing my family and friends, but I enjoy the get-togethers more at commercial-crap-free times of year.

Surely you must like being told to stop being miserable because you don't like Christmas?

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
In 2 weeks time we'll hopefully have an end to the threads about how much people dislike Christmas
Allow us our couple of weeks of indulgence. After all, we have to suffer about 3 months of hype from the pro Christmas mob. No wonder we get a bit of a sense of relief when that chink of light appears at the end of the tunnel in the days prior to Christmas.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Surely you must like being told to stop being miserable because you don't like Christmas?
I would prefer people to stop putting pressure on people to do what they don't want to do. I don't mind people doing what they want to do, just don't try to make me do it too ... :whistle:

I had somebody come up to me one summer at a local music festival and tell me to smile and enjoy myself. I told him that my father had just died after a long illness, my mum was very ill, my sister was getting divorced, my 15 year relationship had recently ended, someone I cared about had tried to commit suicide, I'd had a breakdown and lost my job, I was in debt, the post-9/11 'war on terror' was in full swing, so quite frankly - I didn't feel that there was much to be effing smiling about so kindly bog off and leave me to wallow! :wacko:

edindave

Über Member
Allow us our couple of weeks of indulgence. After all, we have to suffer about 3 months of hype from the pro Christmas mob. No wonder we get a bit of a sense of relief when that chink of light appears at the end of the tunnel in the days prior to Christmas.

Says the man who travelled the breadth of the country to go to the CC Ecosse Xmas night out.

Some of us haven't had a Xmas night out. No need to bring the rest of us down just cos you've had your fun ;)

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Easter eggs will soon be in the shops! :laugh:
Valentine's day first! :smooch:
The very same chocolates one resisted buying at Christmas will be on offer again! :laugh:
I hated Christmas when I used to work in city centre restaurants, so stressful.
Much better now, this is my quiet time of the year in work.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Says the man who travelled the breadth of the country to go to the CC Ecosse Xmas night out.

Some of us haven't had a Xmas night out. No need to bring the rest of us down just cos you've had your fun ;)

Us west coasters will travel far and wide if we think there is a free drink on offer. Should have known better than to expect to find one in Edinburgh!
I was disappointed when I walked into the pub and nobody said "you'll have had yer tea then?" :thumbsup:

edindave

Über Member
Us west coasters will travel far and wide if we think there is a free drink on offer. Should have known better than to expect to find one in Edinburgh!
I was disappointed when I walked into the pub and nobody said "you'll have had yer tea then?" :thumbsup:

I'm saving that line for next year - if I we can both can make it. :smile:

Top Bottom