Wool jerseys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
yello said:
Where did they ship from (USA or Switzerland) and did you have to pay an import tax?

I sent an email to the company that manufactures them (Woolistic) asking whether they had any european distributors - I'll post back if I get an answer from them.

Import duty will be levied if they're shipped from outside the EU, and if the post office notice the parcel, in my experience (if they use a courier like FedEx or DHL it's almost certain to be levied) as only items under £18 in value (excluding postage) are exempt, if I remember correctly.

yello said:
Where did they ship from (USA or Switzerland) and did you have to pay an import tax?

They are gorgeous looking jerseys and I really would like one but a bit pricey.

They ship from the U.S. and I've yet to pay any import tax as they attach a sticker explaining it's a "personal gift" and customs have so far left the 3 boxes I've received unopened. :biggrin:

Be aware that it takes up to 14 days for the box to arrive and they are a bit slow in replying to e-mail enquiries. But other than that the jerseys have always arrived in first class condition.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
I haven't got round to a wool cycling jersey, as I've been told I need to 'wear up' some of my polyester ones first. (But how the hell do you 'wear them up' - apart from falling off?) But I've only heard good things about them. There were a couple of lads on PBP with the Merckx Molteni tops and they were comfortable all day and night, whereas I was swapping thermal vests / gillets, etc around, just to keep comfortable.

It's certainly confirms my experience when on foot. I always use wool socks, even in jungle or desert areas. It's the only material that keeps your feet healthy. Things like coolmax are the worst when it's really hot. I've also gone over to Marino wool base layers which do seem to cope with a much wider range of conditions than my Patagonia Capilene thermals ever did.

They also stay much 'fresher' longer, but the only down side is that they are not as fast drying when washing stuff on the move and trying to dry them across your panniers or backpack.

yello

Thanks for that lardyboy. I might just be ordering one and scheduling delivery for when the wife is away :smile: She's already commented on how I have more cycling gear than clothes. Nought wrong with that in my book but I reckon it's best to keep another purchase quiet. She'll not know that way. Whilst I supposedly don't notice what she wears, she sure as hell doesn't know one of my cycling shirts from another!!

Tim Bennet. said:
I've also gone over to Marino wool base layers which do seem to cope with a much wider range of conditions

That's exactly what I found and why I became a convert to merino.

toontra

Veteran
Can people please STOP posting links to these wonderful jerseys and testing my feeble ability to resist making impulse internet purchases :biggrin::rolleyes:

Tynan

Veteran
indeed, the new bike is only a week old today, and a crafty new bike computer is still hidden at the back of my 'bits' shelf, as yet unfitted and undiscovered

a frankly expensive merino champions top wouldn;t go down well

day will come though, I'm certainly convinced

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
BigAndyH said:
If anyone is thinking of giving merino a try Pro Bike Kit have a 100% wool Descente Retro Wool Jersey on offer for about £30. I am very tempted...

Aargh! I'm weakening. I have a £30 cashback cheque from my mobile deal burning a hole in my pocket too.... ;)

Top Bottom