Woolwich ferry doing doughnuts on the Thames in support of the NHS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
If only we could get that ferry to breed with some Dunkirk spirit, a British bulldog and Vera Lynn, and have the Queen Mother deliver the child, we'd have this Johnny Foreigner virus licked before you could sing Happy Birthday. Plucky, or what? Let's give ourselves the clap!
Quite fitting really, as the current ferries were built in Poland.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
"Look at me" has reach new heights....

At 8pm a load of police cars turned up at the main entrance, followed by many fire engines. They turned on their lights, got out of the cabins and joined all the staff in clapping. Who were they clapping? Themselves of course.:wacko:

That's definitely become a thing hasn't it? Fire fighters up and down the country, at airports, outside town halls... but clapping outside the station isn't quite good enough, they have to make sure they get filmed clapping in front of all the kit, with all the lights flashing on their wagons. Less of a tribute to the NHS, more of a "look at me" selfie.
:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 26715

You mean this has stopped? Amazing.
You beat me to it
That's definitely become a thing hasn't it? Fire fighters up and down the country, at airports, outside town halls... but clapping outside the station isn't quite good enough, they have to make sure they get filmed clapping in front of all the kit, with all the lights flashing on their wagons. Less of a tribute to the NHS, more of a "look at me" selfie.
:rolleyes:
I suspect the order come from on high & not the frontline teams themselves, they are only following orders.

MarkF

Guru
I like the fast food guys who donate twenty quids worth of cack, in bright corporate t-shirts, corporate logos stapled to every paper food bag clasped held tightly to their chests, as they pose with matron for the local rags "mercy mission" story.xx(

Last edited:
Top Bottom