Woolwich ferry doing doughnuts on the Thames in support of the NHS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Pointless though.

Sharky

Guru
Have been on the ferry when they have done that. About 25 years ago, they give a ride to a load of autistic children and their parents. Got on at Woolwich and they went up the Thames. They opened Tower Bridge and they did several 360's in the Port of London before heading back to Woolwich.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Got to feel sorry for the passengers who may have got off on the side where they'd started and then couldn't walk or drive in a straight line for a while.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I'm sure lots of people will be back abusing, punching and throwing up all over nhs ,police and fire staff as soon as this is over.

Short memories in abundance will soon return;)

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I'm growing increasingly bemused by all these empty gestures "in support of" the NHS. They're the equivalent of a Facebook "like".

Let's increase taxes and ensure the NHS are funded. Let's do a better job of staying at home than we're managing to do currently, so we're not giving them more to do.

I think they'd appreciate those kind of thanks far more than all this pan banging and all the other empty tokens that are, when all is said and done, literally pointless.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Pointless though.

Exactly. ;) about as useful as launching "Chinese" lanterns into the air, or Clapping. At least I suppose the ferry doing "donuts" will not kill any wildlife or start any fires.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Exactly. ;) about as useful as launching "Chinese" lanterns into the air, or Clapping. At least I suppose the ferry doing "donuts" will not kill any wildlife or start any fires.
I suppose whackin' a passing fish on the side of it's head with a ferry doesn't count as killing wildlife..?! 🤔

😁

MarkF

Guru
"Look at me" has reach new heights in the hospital this past week, so many vids doing the rounds it's wonder anybody has time to work, even the CE got a ton of staff involved in some excrutiating dad dancing lame dance routine yesterday. At 8pm a load of police cars turned up at the main entrance, followed by many fire engines. They turned on their lights, got out of the cabins and joined all the staff in clapping. Who were they clapping? Themselves of course.:wacko:

If only we could get that ferry to breed with some Dunkirk spirit, a British bulldog and Vera Lynn, and have the Queen Mother deliver the child, we'd have this Johnny Foreigner virus licked before you could sing Happy Birthday. Plucky, or what? Let's give ourselves the clap!

Top Bottom