Worcester XC ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Debian

Hi. I've been lurking here for a short while but not felt the urge to post until now.

Basically I'm looking for a riding partner for weekend, relatively undemanding cross country rides around Worcester. I've been cycling solo for years and, to be frank never felt the need or desire to ride with anyone else. I always, I suppose preferred to ride at my own pace, change route mid-ride if I felt like it, stop and admire the scenery and wildlife if I felt like it. Now I'm not so sure.

I'm getting older and it seems to get a little more difficult to get motivated to get out riding with every year that passes (I'm 55 now), especially during the winter months.

I tend to go out on a Saturday, or more usually a Sunday morning for three or four hours, covering maybe 20 miles, maybe a bit more, mainly on bridleways, depending on how knackered I feel :biggrin: I tend to get bored after this stage so maybe a riding partner, or group would motivate me to ride further.

So, in a nutshell is there anyone in the Worcester area that fancies the occasional, not too serious ride out?

mossy

You have pm

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

Downward said:
Hi
See here
http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=53021&page=2

Route is there somewhere - Depends where about in Worcestershire you are though.

Maybe if we do it again sometime we can pick up a few more people ?

That route is a long way north of me, about 3/4 of an hour by car!

I'm only really interested in cross country riding - as much as possible by bridleway, RB and BOAT; road riding doesn't really interest me and besides, I don't have any sort of road bike.

When I'm out riding for fun, as opposed to commuting, I view tarmac purely as a necessary evil in order to get to the next bit of bridleway.

Top Bottom