Words to say goodbye to

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Blue Hills
I hadn't heard of that one before! I just looked it up (HERE) and I think it does a useful job of describing that type of behaviour in an amusing way so I'd let it stay.
But generally very often just used to refer to a question being asked colin, maybe just one. Beware folk who don't like questions. See "moving forward" up above, and for that matter often "latin".** To be discussed further on a bike ride maybe, by which time the twitterati will have a new word for it.
** Once ludicrously had the owner of a bike shop where i had spent lots try to use the latin on me when i tried to assert a basic right. I never went back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blue Hills
Chillax

Tho i think it may already have moved on.
Never really saw how it meant much more than "relax"
And often folk using it seemed somewhat unrelaxed, hyper keen as they were to broadcast being so cool.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I think we should all just go back to speaking Midle English.

I did Chaucer at school - in the original form - it was such fun..

And quite rude :rolleyes:

slow scot

Veteran
:smile:
Can i ask why, request the brief case for the prosecution before i give you my vote?
I first heard the phrase some years ago on an American tv show, and it just grated on my nerves. Then it was picked up in the UK and seems to be adopted here. So, to be honest, my loathing is possibly irrational and has no sound foundation; but every time I hear the phrase I wince.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I first heard the phrase some years ago on an American tv show, and it just grated on my nerves. Then it was picked up in the UK and seems to be adopted here. So, to be honest, my loathing is possibly irrational and has no sound foundation; but every time I hear the phrase I wince.

It's the concept behind it that bugs me..
More reasons / excuses to buy more unecessary stuff.

I was almost quite superstitious before having my babies.

Didn't want to get too many things in, before the birth, just in case it all went wrong.

Can you imagine the tragedy of having to redistribute it all unused ??

But once you have successfully produced, you get almost swamped by quantities of barely used baby apparel, and equipment.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
"Show" instead of programme. Even Autumnwatch kept saying 'later in the show'. Were not at the West End - it's a programme.

Top Bottom