work locker dilemma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Got ejected from my lockerspace only this morning so can sympathise with this dilemma.

On campus we have a friendly agreement with the on-campus gym that cyclists can use their showers without charge - i also pay to use the gym so hoped i'd be covered. They do say explicitly (and i had been chancing my arm) not to leave stuff overnight but like others above have said carting towel, gym stuff and work stuff every day is a pain.

So, i'm back to square one with nowhere to store my kit day to day. What do others do?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
This is a moral dilema.

Do you really think this is the best forum to ask the question :smile:

rivers

How far can I go?
Got ejected from my lockerspace only this morning so can sympathise with this dilemma.

On campus we have a friendly agreement with the on-campus gym that cyclists can use their showers without charge - i also pay to use the gym so hoped i'd be covered. They do say explicitly (and i had been chancing my arm) not to leave stuff overnight but like others above have said carting towel, gym stuff and work stuff every day is a pain.

So, i'm back to square one with nowhere to store my kit day to day. What do others do?

We don't have lockers at work, so I just keep my cycle stuff in my office. I bring a change of clothes in my backpack on a daily basis (just jeans/shorts and a tshirt), and keep a pair of trainers and a hoodie in my office. I tend to get pretty manky at work anyway, so I'm not too fussed about showering. However, I have kept a towel and some toiletries in my office.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
we have two rooms of lockers that are for green commuters; many of them i've never seen used. in fairness, a use-it-or-lose it notice is sent round occasionally, after which i was able to secure a locker in a more prime position (the drying room)…

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
The biggest problem I have is that we have two shower cubicles, one with a good powerful shower and one with a watering can. I normally get to work very early so am used to having the run of the changing room and first dibs on the good shower. However every couple of months someone gets in before me and is in the good shower.

Am I entitled to drag them out and slide their naked body across the changing room floor for using my shower cubicle?

Also to the person who keeps leaving their towel to dry over the back of my chair: I WILL KILL YOU YOU BASTARD. Is throwing your towel onto the floor not message enough???

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
[QUOTE 4831507, member: 45"]Just get in with them.[/QUOTE]
Normally I would but they weren't up to much. No sexy cyclist legs, oh no.

Reactions: mjr

mustang1

Guru
We have similar lockers with a note saying 'All lockers to be emptied by 5.30pm on Fridays' - I asked them what I should be doing with my kit ahead of my Monday morning commute and they didn't really have an answer.
I just go along, most of the time, with the policy of taking my kit home on Fridays when requested.
At my place, things get cleaned every month so we are requested to clear our stuff but if policy was to clean up daily, then I would just make arrangements to take my stuff home.
I suppose daily is a bit too much of an ask.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Ride in street clothes, more gently.

Also to the person who keeps leaving their towel to dry over the back of my chair: I WILL KILL YOU YOU BASTARD. Is throwing your towel onto the floor not message enough???
Apparently not. If your chair has wheels on, run over the towel until it has tracks on it. If your chair doesn't have wheels, find one that does and run it over.

midlife

Guru
Sorry I can't help but all I could think of was a very old gameshow called Take Your Pick......

CtB6q3DWYAAHs-W.jpg

Half a nicker anyone?

Shaun

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Apparently not. If your chair has wheels on, run over the towel until it has tracks on it. If your chair doesn't have wheels, find one that does and run it over.
My chair has wheels. We need it for corridor bowling*.

* Collect ten wet floor signs and lay them out in pin formation in the corridor. You get one run up from the lifts (or suitable foul line in your workplace), no steering once you're in motion. Play until a manager turns up and kicks off.

Top Bottom