Work/Other Christmas Doo's - The madness starts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
My employers are in the US, they had originally invited overseas employees to come in for what would have been the first meetings in two years (with a social tagged on). That was set for this week, but it got cancelled a good couple of weeks back. No socials for me.

We had ours last Thursday. It's been interesting to see the blast radius from the guy who had Covid.

Yeah similar here, my wife works in a hospital and her small team was one of many who cancelled their party/ meal, however: 20 employees from various teams decided they'd have an unofficial meal and drinks late last week, several have now become ill, ten are isolating, with the rest having to do daily testing to stay in work.
And being hospital staff, these are people who LFT test twice a week so they thought that would be assurance enough, but clearly not.

My employers are in the US, they had originally invited overseas employees to come in for what would have been the first meetings in two years (with a social tagged on). That was set for this week, but it got cancelled a good couple of weeks back. No socials for me.

Yeah similar here, my wife works in a hospital and her small team was one of many who cancelled their party/ meal, however: 20 employees from various teams decided they'd have an unofficial meal and drinks late last week, several have now become ill, ten are isolating, with the rest having to do daily testing to stay in work.
And being hospital staff, these are people who LFT test twice a week so they thought that would be assurance enough, but clearly not.
Twice weekly tests still leaves quite a margin. I do feel sorry for them though - can't have been easy working in a hospital for the last two years.

Top Bottom