Work/Other Christmas Doo's - The madness starts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toffee

Guru
My place neaver even had one to cancel:rolleyes:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well, tomorrow's select group of 6 of us is all on. The Restaurant has checked were all still going. Rosso in Manchester - love it there. That will be it for Christmas shenanigans !

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Gulp !

We've all just LFT'ed, but one's dropped out as she's really poorly with a banging cold (not covid).
😬 We all did LFTs that morning as a condition of attendance, which is also worrying. My company is an Anglo-US thing and does a lot of Federal government work where vaccines are mandated. This has meant that we have a company mandate (told in the US, asked ever so nicely in the UK) so by UK standards we're right at the cautious end. The poor guy who was patient zero will be feeling awful emotionally as well as physically - he's a junior developer and there's a good chance he's just ruined the MD's Christmas as they were only separated by one other person.

figbat

Slippery scientist
No work do this year - a notional £50/head to be used for teams to go out but my team is spread across the world so that's not happening.

I was out last night though with my village MTB group, in the local pub who hosts us every time we ride. Fantastic carvery meal, great beer and free pool table. We all did LFTs before going and posted pictures of the tests (I know these can be faked but we're all mates so take it on trust, plus there is no mandate to do this, it was our own choice to get testing done and revealed).

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
😬 We all did LFTs that morning as a condition of attendance, which is also worrying. My company is an Anglo-US thing and does a lot of Federal government work where vaccines are mandated. This has meant that we have a company mandate (told in the US, asked ever so nicely in the UK) so by UK standards we're right at the cautious end. The poor guy who was patient zero will be feeling awful emotionally as well as physically - he's a junior developer and there's a good chance he's just ruined the MD's Christmas as they were only separated by one other person.

Oh poop....:ohmy:

Dave7

Legendary Member
We went to a "do" at a nice club on Monday. We were both uneasy.
We are now telling our friends that we won't be going to any more until this lot has died down...... whenever that is.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
We went to a "do" at a nice club on Monday. We were both uneasy.
We are now telling our friends that we won't be going to any more until this lot has died down...... whenever that is.
Probably wise. I was in two minds as I have some care responsibilities but I’d not really had anything social for months so thought bollix-to-it, let’s have a night out in a reasonably controlled environment. In the end I was one seat away from Christmas isolation.

I've got two upcoming get-togethers with a couple of close friends to exchange gifts, but we're all meeting up outside and socially distanced.

That was the original plan anyway, so sticking to that. I'm more than happy meeting peeps outdoors. Inside - not so much.

What I definitely won't be doing is my usual Christmas Eve yellow stickering. I'll leave that particular bun fight for another time.

Top Bottom