Work/Other Christmas Doo's - The madness starts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Posh arsed hotel in Harrogate next Friday. No idea why they've invited me.

All uphill

Still rolling along
I thought the days of wild, drunken company parties were over now they are responsible for the behaviour and safety of its employees and innocent bystanders, just as much as if they were working.

Maybe I'm just naive.^_^

As a one-woman band, my Xmas Do is much like any other year - a quiet evening by the fire with a box set, a pot of tea and a box of Min Spies. :blush:

I am teetotal and not terribly social, so much of that is lost on me. I always tended to decline such offers in the past.

The one exception is a nice long dog walk on Christmas Eve with one of my besties. She's been asked out to a do by some of of her other friends, but she's declined as she says they always drink too much, and then it's not much fun.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
In the old days when the men came to the office for their wage packets before Christmas they got a bottle of whisky and if they were not driving a dram as well. No pub measures either.
This was in charge of the head girl in the office Marleen I remember.
Trouble was it was a case of “dram for him and one for myself. “ She was no shrinking violet and could hold her booze but ended up not quite legless and every year I had to drive her home once she had sobered up enough.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
In my later working life I avoided Christmas works doo’s , easy really I was a shift worker . Final 25 years permanent lates .

When I was younger I definitely over indulged . On one occasion I was around 20 I did over do it . I woke up the next morning, no hangover but covered in a rash which spread as the morning went on . Oh my God it’s alcohol poisoning . I drank copious amounts of water and I survived. I’m sure it was a coincidence my Girlfriend ( the future Mrs JK) and a number friends spent a miserable Christmas suffering from Rubella ( German measles) :laugh:

I am hosting a pub Xmas meet up,we have 20 booked and a possible 30 if all those who enquired turn up.14th and on 21st a single one to one Xmas dinner with a guy who is struggling and cannot put up with all the fuss and noise.
I was talking to the manager of a local pub this week. He is worried because he has his place fully booked for Christmas lunch but is currently short-staffed due to vacancies and is having trouble persuading his remaining staff to work extra hours on Christmas Day to cover. Service could be very bad on that day.

gavgav

Guru
I have my usual, cricket club dinner, work dinner and managers drinks. I do also have a concert I’m attending, postponed from this time last year, which I’m a bit nervous about, but everyone has to show a Covid pass to get in and with it being standing I will be trying to find a spot away from the real throng. I’m fully vaccinated, plus booster and so at some stage life has to go on and we have to trust they do their job. Yesterdays news didn’t help my nerves!

Top Bottom