Work Spouses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In my experience many NHS staff have work spouses. I've had a few, remarkable people that I wouldn't have met in any other sphere of life.

Likewise, on both counts

Sadly it feels like a divorce from the ‘work-wife’, as she & hubby have moved to north Lincolnshire

I have a brass band husband. We met when I became friends with his wife on the school run. I found out he played the trombone and persuaded him to join the local town band with me. Our kids were also learning although his gave up at the end of primary school. We have played in the same bands for many years and although we currently play for different ones we regularly help each other’s bands out and still meet up very regularly.
He also cycles but we’ve only been out together once as he is much faster and better than me!
"played the trombone" is a euphemism i assume to deflect gossip.

stephec

Legendary Member
I have one, a few people thought we really were married as we spent so much time together...

I also have a work 'bit on the side' called @I like Skol :whistle:
That happened with my first running wife, we used to both volunteer every week at parkrun and one day another semi regular volunteer made a comment to my running wife in such a way that it was obvious she thought we were properly married.

I never mentioned it to the real Mrs Stephec though. ^_^

stephec

Legendary Member
He hasn't been to bed yet...🍸🍸🍾
I always knew that this was based on @Rocky

Top Bottom