Work Stand/Tools

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JaggyNI

Regular
Hi guys,

Looking to buy a budget workstand and start building up my tool kit! Can anyone recommend a good workstand? As cheap as possible but I want a sturdy one that isn't going to fall over half way through working on it!

Also what sort of tools would you say are 'essential'? I have a pedal wrench and tyre levers... That's about it.

Cheers!

Jdratcliffe

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOME-MECH...airKits&var=&hash=item6d760e9c22#ht_728wt_905

this guys great used him for lots and got one of these not the most stable but great for most jobs and half the price of some things you can pay

OP
OP
J

JaggyNI

Regular
Cheers for that mate! Looks good but can't really see it properly on my phone. I'll have a good look when I get home!

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

JaggyNI

Regular
Yea I've heard there's no point buying cheap tools. What tools do I absolutely need? Obviously there are ones that would be handy but are not needed, I'm looking to buy the essentials at the moment!

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

sdr gb

Falling apart
I have one of these from Decathlon. It doesn't fold but the legs can be pulled out for easy storage. It is heavy and sturdy, not had a single problem with it.

As for tools, one of the first things you should look at getting is a good set of Allen keys. My set came from Halfords and have stood up to several years of abuse. Then build up your kit as and when you need things.

musa

Über Member
main tools really spanners allen keys wrenches then when you need to specific job buy a crank puller chain whip

or alternatively if your one those people who can't bare the sight of having an incomplete tool set buy the complete toolbox you probably won't use 1/2 let alone 1/3 of them hence buy when you need them

subaqua

What’s the point
I have one of these from Decathlon. It doesn't fold but the legs can be pulled out for easy storage. It is heavy and sturdy, not had a single problem with it.

As for tools, one of the first things you should look at getting is a good set of Allen keys. My set came from Halfords and have stood up to several years of abuse. Then build up your kit as and when you need things.

thats what I have. and its great.

as for bike tools, buy them as you need them , it might work out slightly more expensive than buying a tool kit but most people have a good chunk of whats in a bike tool kit anyway. i.e screwdrivers , allen keys , adjustable spanner ( although I would rather have the correct size combination spanner rather than an adjustable. A decnt chain splitter is a must, do not be tempted to buy one thats made of cheese from tesco.

Doug.

Veteran
I have the floor stand as mentioned above,find it adequate in use and good value for the price.
Incidently I bought mine from Lidl (apears to be exactly the same as the one in the photo)
Doug.

Top Bottom