Workout scheme...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
So im wondering how to boost up my endurance not only with cycling and im trying to find myself best way to do it.

Atm my weekly sheulde contains:
Sunday 8am 8pm work = 1hour of crouching/bending work, 2hours of heavy pulling, 8hours of jogging
Monday 8am 8pm work = 1hour of crouching/bending work, 2hours of heavy pulling, 8hours of jogging
Tuesday day off = cycling 20-40 miles
Wednesday 8am 8pm work = 1hour of crouching/bending work, 2hours of heavy pulling, 8hours of jogging
Thursday 8am 8pm work = 1hour of crouching/bending work, 2hours of heavy pulling, 8hours of jogging
Friday day off = cycling 20miles
Saturday day off = club rides 30-40 miles

Im looking forward to drop out Friday rides but i don't want to make it a lazy day too, looking for some workout plan that can fill the gaps in my work's workout scheme. Area i feel that need most focus are stomach and core, also id like to know any ways for recovering your knees as they sometimes hurt especially Sundays.

This is my current body shape, picture taken yesterday. Im 24. Can attach leg pictures if needed too.
10665906_340726069428460_5154008634426252508_n.jpg

My diet contains of very high carb food eg loads of bread, i consume a lot of meat too sometimes like to have a beer, chicken, rice (say no to potatoes), pasta, fishes, vegetables and slowly increasing fruits amount (today had me some grapefruit and bananas)

I'm loads fatter then you, do a lot less cycling, do no exercise at work, and eat a whole load of crap - I can still cycle 200 miles plus in a day.

OP
OP
Torvi

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
ive started cycling 3 months ago, having intesive cycling since this week but going to keep it up. I do have strenght and i can do some nice cadence but what i lack essentialy is endurance which shows as you just pointed out that you can do much bigger mileage than i do :smile: that's why im looking for some advices :smile:

arch684

Veteran
IF you want to change your body shape throw that workout scheme in the bin and join a gym and ride your bike a lot more and I mean a LOT more

Firestorm

Veteran
Firstly . Of your 13 hour schedule you gave for a working day , which are the 11 hours working bits, as I would imagine that the best place to start changng your schedule is looking at how to get more endurance work into the other two hours non work exercise you are doing
I say 11 hours as doing 8 to 8 you should get at least an hours break

Firestorm

Veteran
I dont know about others on here , but jogging , to me, is about 5 mph (If you are doing a 10k in over 1.10 thats jogging).
I assume you are not doing this for 8 hours as you would not have endurance issues, so how far are you going in these 8 hours , 25 miles ?

Top Bottom