Works bike scheme dilemma...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
A little update on this. My application for the cycle scheme was successful and I`m just waiting on the voucher to be sent to me.

The Boardman is now £500 from last weeks £450 - that`s out.
The 13 Intuitive Lambda is now £350 from last weeks £400 - that`s in.
The 13 Implicit Alpha is now £400 from last weeks £450 - tempting.
The 13 Implicit Beta is the same price at £550 - out

It looks like I`ll be getting the 13 Intuitive Lambda for £350 and then using the other £150 towards a new set of wheels to replace the beat up Miche Reflex RX5`s on my beloved old Wilier for £20 over the voucher value http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-parts/bike-wheels/campagnolo-vento-asymetric-wheels-g3

Btw... My wife knows nothing about this :laugh: .... Its a surprise :secret:
As a 13 owner (intutative alpha) I can say I am really impressed with the brand . nearly 3000 miles done no major issues not replaced anything yet including tyres
The Lamdba looks really good imo

OP
OP
Lilliburlero

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
As a 13 owner (intutative alpha) I can say I am really impressed with the brand . nearly 3000 miles done no major issues not replaced anything yet including tyres
The Lamdba looks really good imo

That`s good to know, cheers buddy, I know she`ll love it.

I`v always liked the look of 13 bikes and i`m surprised not to see more of them about.

13 rider

Guru
That`s good to know, cheers buddy, I know she`ll love it.

I`v always liked the look of 13 bikes and i`m surprised not to see more of them about.
You see loads of broadmans but I'm yet to see another 13 in the flesh so your other half will be a exclusive rider . I always thought the 13 looks great and I was sold on mine as soon as I saw it

OP
OP
Lilliburlero

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Update...

I`v been talking to the wife all week about road bikes, trying to get her interested, showing her how the gear shifters work and so on. She had a little ride on mine and liked it apart from it being too big for her (she is 5`2" and my bike is a 54"). She was very enthusiastic about the idea of having one. Sooooo, I popped into Halfords yesterday and ordered the 13 Intrinsic Lambda in a 45" http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/road-bikes/13-intrinsic-lambda-womens-road-bike . £350 on the bike for the wife and £120 on a set of Campag Khamsin G3`s for me. Happy days :okay:
Halfords_CG_088.jpg

I very nearly got for the 13 Intuition at £425, but I went all @vickster and decided to go for the not black option :smile:. I`v ordered a Bianchi Elite bottle and cage to go with the colour scheme and I`v got some black with white trim Schwalbe Ultremo ZX tyres that`ll look good on it.

I`m looking forward to seeing her face when she claps eyes on it, but i`m more looking forward to our rides out together this Summer :smile:

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
54" I would need a parachute to get off that.^_^

13 rider

Guru
I've always thought the whole 13 range looks great and I am surprised you don't see any about but loads of boardman's sold by the same shop

Top Bottom