World Cup - How will England do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

I reckon England will reach the Semi's but loose to Brazil. Who knows though, anything could happen!

mangaman

I don't think the competition is as strong this time.

France and Italy are just getting older but not better. Germany have their weakest side for a while. Argentina are a shambles...

So I think we'll be knocked out in the quarters as usual :tongue:

I reckon the volcano on Iceland will erupt agin and Engerland will have to take the long journey to SA by bus.

The bus will break down in the desert and the players will be challenged to a game of 'beach' football by a local Bedouin tribe.

England will lose by not being able to score as the ball is only passed sideways when they have a kick-about a proper game.

Large amounts of camel dung will be smoked and Rooney will have a hair transplant so he can become a hippy.

Blackpool will become the centre of the footballing world as beach football will dominate, in an attempt to take away the popularity of Twenty20 cricket.

There will be a competition for new footballing cliches to be used, and water (hubbly bubbly) pipes will be used at half-time instead of oranges.

It's the end of football as we know it!

And I hope the Dutch win, cos I like both their home and away kits! :tongue::tongue:

yello

They do seem to be, um... inconsistent shall we say. Any dog can have it's day so one can only hope they have several such days!

To me, at the moment, they look defensively frail, especially when minus a first pick or two. (Brazil can do too, btw, and they don't do too badly!). Logic tells me they'll do well to qualify from the group stage but I wouldn't bet on them going further.

mangaman

Dayvo said:
I reckon the volcano on Iceland will erupt agin and Engerland will have to take the long journey to SA by bus.

The bus will break down in the desert and the players will be challenged to a game of 'beach' football by a local Bedouin tribe.

England will lose by not being able to score as the ball is only passed sideways when they have a kick-about a proper game.

Large amounts of camel dung will be smoked and Rooney will have a hair transplant so he can become a hippy.

Blackpool will become the centre of the footballing world as beach football will dominate, in an attempt to take away the popularity of Twenty20 cricket.

There will be a competition for new footballing cliches to be used, and water (hubbly bubbly) pipes will be used at half-time instead of oranges.

It's the end of football as we know it!

And I hope the Dutch win, cos I like both their home and away kits! :tongue::biggrin:

Can't deny that all sounds believable. :tongue:

mangaman

yello said:
They do seem to be, um... inconsistent shall we say. Any dog can have it's day so one can only hope they have several such days!

To me, at the moment, they look defensively frail, especially when minus a first pick or two. (Brazil can do too, btw, and they don't do too badly!). Logic tells me they'll do well to qualify from the group stage but I wouldn't bet on them going further.

They need a solid central midfielder - Barry looks doutful / Hargreaves is out / Carrick isn't good enough.

That's why our defence is always under pressure - we can't keep the ball when we've got it or protect the back 4 when they opposition have it.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
mangaman said:
They need a solid central midfielder - Barry looks doutful / Hargreaves is out / Carrick isn't good enough.

That's why our defence is always under pressure - we can't keep the ball when we've got it or protect the back 4 when they opposition have it.

All true.
In the absence of Barry it'll have to be Lampard and Gerrard in the middle. Huddlestone and Carrick are not up to it.
I'd dump Walcott from the squad and have Johnson, Lennon and Joe Cole as my do-something-different players.

Top Bottom