World Road Race Championship Predictions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Taking place Sunday the 28th the road race is expected to be dominated by the Italians and Spanish. Can Bettini make it 3 on the bounce or is it going to be someone elses turn? Cav will be there but the course does not really suit and is not expected to contest but gain experience for 2010 and 2011.

So who would be your pick?

I am going for Davide Rebellin has rode well this year and fancy this could be his as long as he does not have to sacrifice himself for Bettini.

Keith Oates

Janner
I think the Italian team was selected to work for a Bettini win, so I doubt Rebellini will get the win unless something happens to PB on the day. Friere could be the one to spoil the Italian fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DanRVV2006

My moneys on Tom Boonen! he been going well at the Vuelta and looking at pics of him he seems to have lost a bit of his bulk on the top half of his body, making him capable of dragging himself up a hill! Hes won the Ronde Van Vlaanderen twice thats hardly flat? He won his world championships on a hillyish route? why not now?
If the top climbers like Bettini, Valverde etc... mess about and drag him to the finish you would be a stupid person to bet against him!

Keith Oates

Janner
I certainly hope it's Nicole for the womens title but it's going to be hard for her. The good thing is there's not a more determined fighter then her when the line is in sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom