World Tour kit 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
My only conclusions after reading this and looking through the kits this year are that:

1. 2013 is not going to be remembered as a vintage year for team kit, and it's really difficult to have a favourite - even Lampre's neon pink and blue kit is starting to look 'classic';
2. Black is no longer the new black, except for Sky's which is even blacker than last year;
3. There is a sad lack of orange - even Euskaltel's looks washed out, almost reflecting the fact that they aren't the force they once were.

Noodley

All fairly uninspired.
I wonder how long it will take for Dirty Bertie to notice that he has a woman with a spear through her chest attached to his elbow?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Some real stinkers there this year.
FDJ is particularly poor. I used to really like the large clover design.

Noodley

I am disappointed in the FDJ as well - although I wonder what the French Champions version looks like; it could be better.

Vacansoleil and Astana look okayish, but I agree they're all pretty poor and the Lampre makes me want to be sick....again. I quite like the minimalism of Movistar but the Sky looks crap compared with last season's.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Another vote for the Garmin-Sharp kit.

Although the Argos-Shimano is ok.
Hopefully we'll see plenty of the Omega-Quick Step this season with Cav having another successful year.

Hotblack Desiato

3. There is a sad lack of orange - even Euskaltel's looks washed out, almost reflecting the fact that they aren't the force they once were.

:cry: ..but I like Orange!

What future is there in a world without Orange?

And I am a fan of Euskaltel-Euskadi, I like the Basque country too.

Maybe this is why their Orange is faded:

Until the 2013 season, its riders were either from Basque Country, or had grown up in the cycling culture of those regions

A mistake IMO. I may have to rethink my allegiance.

Hont

Guru
Anyone else wondering why Sky have got rid of the white backs. I thought that was to reflect the heat of the sun in the hot races, whilst everything else (mostly out of the sun) being black would transfer heat away from the rider.

I seem to recall Cervelo ditching their all black kit a few years ago because it was too hot for the riders in sunny, hot races.

Or do Sky have some new wonder material that defies physics?

U

User169

I think the asymmetric Lotto-Belisol jersey may turn into a classic.

Agree with that - it's vaguely reminiscent of La Vie Claire (possibly one of the best of all time).

Top Bottom