world tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrsugarhead

I get bored if I'm not covering a good few miles a day, but do tend to spend a lot of days recovering and drinking beer.

OP
OP
A

aitch

Regular
Hi I'd be interested in leaving for a round the world tour starting in about March/April 2013. I have few plans as to which countries to take in, but I would love to go through Greece and the Balkans and then round further East. I like to cover quite a few miles a day, 80 to 100 is a healthy speed in relatively flat countries. I have cycled round Europe, Chile, and lots of other places. I'm just saving up some money whilst working in Oman to then be able to take off do what I've always wanted to do. Anyway, there's loads of time plan and think about this.
Hi I'd be interested in leaving for a round the world tour starting in about March/April 2013. I have few plans as to which countries to take in, but I would love to go through Greece and the Balkans and then round further East. I like to cover quite a few miles a day, 80 to 100 is a healthy speed in relatively flat countries. I have cycled round Europe, Chile, and lots of other places. I'm just saving up some money whilst working in Oman to then be able to take off do what I've always wanted to do. Anyway, there's loads of time plan and think about this.
hi mr sugarhead
just spent a pleasant weekend cycling with suffolkcindy in norfolk and cycled home to the wirral 250 miles over 3 days and although i didn't find it particularly straining i think 50ish a day would be more relaxed which would allow less time off chilling and drinking beer which is a noble pass time if you were to consider that daily milage we could be on for a trip?(provisionaly)

mrsugarhead

Hi Aitch, I'm not dead set on 80+ miles a day, it's just that after a few weeks you don't find it such a strain, especially when the conditions are good. If the weather's horrible, or you have a terrific head wind then the miles of course diminish. It all really depends on what the day's like. It's just that on good days when you feel exhilarated you sometimes want to keep on going, and these can be the most magnificent of days. If you're in the Wirral then we should definitely meet up sometime. I'm living in Oman at the moment, but am coming back to Cheshire at the beginning of July. I'll be around for a week and am then doing a quick tour of Europe's smallest countries: Andorra, Monaco, Lichtenstein, San Marino, and the Vatican. If you're free at the beginning of July, or at the end of August then it'd be cool to meet up and go for a ride. I have to admit that I'm not totally decided on doing the journey with other people, but am prepared to start out and see how things go after a few days/weeks/months. I've done a bit of touring and sometimes you find people along the route that you get on with, and sometimes you don't, I suppose you just have to be open minded and see how things go. I did cycle 5000 miles across Europe back in 2003 with my best friend, it was fun and we are still best friends. He's more into climbing these days, and has commitments so can't give himself over to a year or more on the road. Ok, speak soon.

OP
OP
A

aitch

Regular
Hi Aitch, I'm not dead set on 80+ miles a day, it's just that after a few weeks you don't find it such a strain, especially when the conditions are good. If the weather's horrible, or you have a terrific head wind then the miles of course diminish. It all really depends on what the day's like. It's just that on good days when you feel exhilarated you sometimes want to keep on going, and these can be the most magnificent of days. If you're in the Wirral then we should definitely meet up sometime. I'm living in Oman at the moment, but am coming back to Cheshire at the beginning of July. I'll be around for a week and am then doing a quick tour of Europe's smallest countries: Andorra, Monaco, Lichtenstein, San Marino, and the Vatican. If you're free at the beginning of July, or at the end of August then it'd be cool to meet up and go for a ride. I have to admit that I'm not totally decided on doing the journey with other people, but am prepared to start out and see how things go after a few days/weeks/months. I've done a bit of touring and sometimes you find people along the route that you get on with, and sometimes you don't, I suppose you just have to be open minded and see how things go. I did cycle 5000 miles across Europe back in 2003 with my best friend, it was fun and we are still best friends. He's more into climbing these days, and has commitments so can't give himself over to a year or more on the road. Ok, speak soon.
hi mrsugarhead
hope alls well with you,sorry i haven't been in touch,i was unable to meet up with you at the beging of july as i've had my eyes lazered in preperation of my trip next year,i wil be able to meet up with you at the end of august as i am off work for 2 weeks from the 1st sept so if your still interested let me know and we could discuss over a nice camp fire somewhere

Top Bottom