Worrying incident - Man used car as weapon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
12 months? What if he had injured the boy by attacking him with any other type of weapon.

A friend was telling me last night that a car full of men swerved onto her side of the road then swerved to miss her at the last minute. I told her to report it; it was in an area of Ipswich that I know is well covered by CCTV.

I'm glad it was actually prosecuted.

I had an incident in June where a car hit me on purpose and even with CCTV evidence the police didn't want it to go further. Most notably they didn't even pull the CCTV.

OP
OP
Gixxerman

Gixxerman

Guru
What makes it worse for me is the premeditated nature of it.
He had threatened to run him over six months previous.
You can understand (if understand is the right word) how someone could do it in a moment of madness. However, this seemed very calculated.

D

Deleted member 20519

What makes it worse for me is the premeditated nature of it.
He had threatened to run him over six months previous.
You can understand (if understand is the right word) how someone could do it in a moment of madness. However, this seemed very calculated.

Yup, it wasn't a one off thing - he's threatened him before and he followed up on it.

marafi

Rolling down the hills with the bike.
Wait a minute.

''He was banned from driving for 12 months.
Judge Michael Heath told Gardner: "You used your car as a weapon. You could have killed him.''

12 months that's IT? Seriously he used his car as a weapon and just gets 12 month. Err how about the attempt of manslaughter?? Seriously on a teen! This is actually digesting!

If he'd stabbed him, 12 months would be a really light sentence.
He should definitely had more from the sounds of it but the courts seem to go light on drivers and in comparison to that its harsh, if you know what I mean ;)

Hip Priest

Veteran
A friend was telling me last night that a car full of men swerved onto her side of the road then swerved to miss her at the last minute. I told her to report it; it was in an area of Ipswich that I know is well covered by CCTV.

I've had that done to me. Bunch of young lads. Idiots.

Erm, no.

Wonder if Mr. Bailey choked on those words.

ditto - and im sure that history is littered with mass murderers who could be described similarly on their days off

I find it very difficult to see any credibility in a justice system that hands down sentences like this for what is to all intents and purposes attempted murder - or for that matter assuming that it may have been difficult for whatever reason to get a conviction on those grounds - the 12month driving ban for a case of gross dangerous driving is derisory.

Top Bottom