Worst band name ever?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
Half man, half biscuit
I always thought that was a great name (but then I am probably half woman, half biscuit)

Brains

Legendary Member
The The (Sounds like The Who Tribute band)
A-Ha
Splodginess Abounds
The Faries ( Queen Tribute band perhaps ...... not)

I always rather like the name "The Gaye Bikers on Acid", but they probaly could be done under the trade descriptions act as the description of the product had no relationship to the end product.

Drago

Legendary Member
When I was a school some lads in the year above had their own heavy metal band. They were pretty good as it goes, but their name was corny - Lawrencium. I asked what it meant and was informed that "it's a really heavy metal, innit?"

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The The (Sounds like The Who Tribute band)
A-Ha
Splodginess Abounds
The Faries ( Queen Tribute band perhaps ...... not)

I always rather like the name "The Gaye Bikers on Acid", but they probaly could be done under the trade descriptions act as the description of the product had no relationship to the end product.
Wasn't there a Lesbian Dope Heads on Mopeds too?

Brains

Legendary Member
Wasn't there a Lesbian Dope Heads on Mopeds too?

I think that was the same band under an assumed name

Naz and the Nomads was the incognito name of the Dammed, Gwillum and the strawberry flavoured cat was Dr & the medics, Motorhead, the Cult, the Mission, etc all had alternate names

winjim

Smash the cistern
Tampasm.

Either the worst or the greatest band name ever, depending on your point of view. I say greatest.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving

View: https://youtu.be/BrQi66kxd-I

Saw these a few times on the University circuit in the late 70's. Always hilarious show.
I was in a band when a student. Went under the name "The Shatters". I suggested we adopted names like the Ramones as if we were brothers. I was to be Able Shatter.
Mate had a band back in Doncaster called "Armitage Sharks".
I can't bring myself to type out the totally non PC name of a band I wanted to start in the 90's. :ohmy:

kapelmuur

Veteran

View: https://youtu.be/BrQi66kxd-I

Saw these a few times on the University circuit in the late 70's. Always hilarious show.
I was in a band when a student. Went under the name "The Shatters". I suggested we adopted names like the Ramones as if we were brothers. I was to be Able Shatter.
Mate had a band back in Doncaster called "Armitage Sharks".
I can't bring myself to type out the totally non PC name of a band I wanted to start in the 90's. :ohmy:

A few degrees of separation, but a member the Trio Los Paraguayos owned the Panorama Hotel at the top of Geraardsbergen Muur and my grandparents had their diamond wedding anniversary party there.

Top Bottom