Worst day ever!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Non-cycle related (ish)...
Yesterday I had the mother of all days! A key member of staff walked out from work...that was how I started the day...good friend of mine walks, putting the keys to the building in my hand! Then I have to send one of the people who I work with home for calling someone a 'stupid f*cker'...another member of staff then lets me know that their father has been diagnose with terminal cancer and breaks down. Finally ended with one of the members of staff distraught because their partner was over and hour late to pick them up and we couldn't get through to their mobile (turned out they'd been delayed due to serious road traffic incident and the battery had died in their phone)...then just when it couldn't get worse...I walk the bike to the gates at work, lock them for the weekend and the find that the right hand brake/gear lever is turned almost facing the other way and I can't help but think that the person that I've been friends with for a number of years took his frustration out on my bike!

Please make me feel better by letting me know if you've had a worse day!!! I don't want it to sound like I'll thrive off your misfortune..but to be honest it will pep me up!!!

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Hmmm...not feeling that much better but glad it's now sorted for you :-)

TVC

At least you are not the first aider at work. People insist on showing you things and talking about things that nobody except a doctor should be involved in.

I do sticking plasters and eye washes, that rash under your right breast is your problem love.

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
At least you are not the first aider at work. People insist on showing you things and talking about things that nobody except a doctor should be involved in.

I do sticking plasters and eye washes, that rash under your right breast is your problem love.
It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it!!!

gbb

Legendary Member
Dad's in hospital, my wife, mum and myself are visiting each evening.
Wife and I leave mum and dad to it for some privacy and go for a coffee. 80p in the machine...nothing :sad::angry:.
Funny how those little things really annoy you, its only 80p fer chrissakes but you just know loads of people are going to do the same. Rang the number on the machine and TBF, the guy was helpful etc..I can get my money back next week (not that i'm really that bothered). So, we trundles round the corner to the A&E dept and chucks 80p in their one.....only to see the coffee dispensed...but no cup :huh::cry:
£2.50 parking, £1.60 for NO coffee...oh, and £1.10 for a bottle of Lucozade that dad didn't want....:whistle:

Compared to yours, its minor stuff....but I hope you can squeeze a little something out of it.:thumbsup:

Booyaa

Veteran
I would class that as a pretty good/average day to be honest. I guess everyone has a different perception good and bad though so take solace that a lot of people have worse days. Pisser about the bike though.

Top Bottom