Worth changing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Good people of this worthy forum, please pay heed to my question. I am tempted by a review in a well known magazine to change my alloy bars for a set of FSA compact bars which have a less dramatic drop from tops to drops. I am considering this because of my neck problems and that it will give me a better view of the road ahead. The thing is is that I have read certain reviews of carbon bars which are less that enthusiastic in that they can make steering feel a little vague. How many of you riding carbon bars are satisfied that they represent an improvement over alloy?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I recently changed to FSA alloy compact bars:

http://www.parker-international.co....ID/267/v/245467e0-b1ab-4400-aa0e-dd4d00be65f0

Brilliant (and cheap as chips for experimentation)!

Hoods are slightly closer, drop is closer so I can spend more time there, and the drop extends backwards a way to give a bit more hand position. Also far easier using the brakes and STI shifters when on the drops.

One of my best buys. Check with Parkers how the bar 'widths' are quoted.

Should have made the change ages ago.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Coming at this from a slightly different angle (as it were) do you want carbon bars, or are you just after some with less of a drop, whatever they happen to be made of?
I can recommend Salsa Bell Lap bars. Not much of a drop, the most comfy bars I've ever had, and they're about £25 on Wiggle.

Top Bottom