Worth the £41 to join CTC?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
Life member here. I'm quids in on that deal. I think I paid £70 or so ages ago. After being a "silent" member for a long time I'm now back taking part in the local group activities. The mag has generally been fine. As for all mags - some bits are boring and some bits are good. Never found a mag I can read cover to cover
yes, anyone who bought lifetime membership a while back before cycling became popular (and therefore much more expensive) are quids in now!!! I'm sure it was about £60 for a lifetime membership about 15 years ago

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
CTC membership means you dont need to pay the £2.00 day insurance if you do the odd Audax and dont want AUK membership. Not a member meself as I am in London and use the LCC for third party insurance and bike shop discount. I also vaguely feel I ought to support its campaigning but that's mainly based on boroughs and as I live on the boundary of mine and almost all my trips are outside the borough I can't get excited about installing cycle parking I'd not use. btw the LCC mag has improved from dire to only slightly duller than the CTC mag - which to be fair has the odd decent article.

PS if you have a child you could get them to join CTC - you get to read the the mag and the access to the other resources but not the insurance.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
my boss has just jacked in his £67 BC membership and joined CTC via The Fridays for £16

Is there any significant difference (apart from the price) from signing up to CTC as an individual for a year full price, and signing up for £16 up through The Fridays website?

My renewal has just arrived in the post and for the first time for many years I will have to think a bit harder before parting with my money. I have always thought that the CTC, BC, and any other organisations [CTT etc] should all join forces and become one much larger organisation which ought to pack a bigger punch when dealing with the bunch of upper class twits that passes itself off as a government.
The cost of joining has gone up significantly year on year which is often an indication that membership is not rising quite so fast.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Is there any significant difference (apart from the price) from signing up to CTC as an individual for a year full price, and signing up for £16 up through The Fridays website?

Are you a FNRttC attendee? Best ask Delzeqq if non FNR riders are allowed to join through the website.

Difference is that you don't get the tedious magazine popping through your letterbox...

Trull

Über Member
I rather like the mag, definitely like the proper campaigning the CTC does, feel reassured by the 3rd party insurance…but also my wee sister works for the CTC - so I'd like to think I'm supporting her as well.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
my boss has just jacked in his £67 BC membership and joined CTC via The Fridays for £16

Where did he get £67 from - must include a racing license !

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I didn't renew mine last year. I've BC membership with Silver licence (so 3rd party and legal cover) plus the League of Veteran Racing Cyclists (LVRC). Their membership is £20pa which includes 3rd party cover as well.

I rather like the mag, definitely like the proper campaigning the CTC does, feel reassured by the 3rd party insurance…but also my wee sister works for the CTC - so I'd like to think I'm supporting her as well.

BC now have a campaign policy headed by Chris Boardman, it's the one thing they lacked, now I think there's no reason to be in the CTC (apart from supporting your sister, which is a s good a reason as any).

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Hard one this...

I am a member of AUK, but that only insures me for Audax that I participate in.

I was a BC member when I was TT'ing with Hull Thursday, but lapsed as I'm not a racer and the TT bike was sold.

I tour and do a lot of johnny-no-mates solo riding so am natural CTC fodder - but the whole CB/BC campaign policy angle has got me sort of interested......

Top Bottom