Would anyone be interested in a 1970's Alan shorter TT bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Interesting frame and I hope you get what it's worth as a bike.

Don't think Alan Shorter made his own frames but that one looks like a Liverpoo Green frame, I've got one almost the same badged as a Carhall.

Please tell more re Liverpoo Green frame comment not heard that before ?

The one thing we all have to remember this is not your run of the mill Frame its a work of art and should fetch a good price if the right person is out there looking for it

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
Wally Green

https://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/classic_builders/green-wally/

Built frames for lots of bike shops, including Carter and Hall (Carhall) which my frame is decaled and looks like the OP's

GuyBoden

Guru
in that case you can sell this for a fortune to the chap who post endlessly about Alf Engers and TT records etc in the TT part of this forum. You might have Alf Engers bike!!:okay::laugh::wacko:
He might also notice a certain Alan Boden listed under Alf Engers name in the National Champs TT results from that era. He was my uncle, my Dad's brother.

OP
OP
P

Pink Nigel Dean

in that case you can sell this for a fortune to the chap who post endlessly about Alf Engers and TT records etc in the TT part of this forum. You might have Alf Engers bike!!:okay::laugh::wacko:

Yes, and the original owner probably dumped the Campag bits because they were full of holes..^_^

I did wonder though if it might have been put together to appeal to Engers fans. It is of the period and the frame clearly nods at least a little towards the real speed machine. It would surely have been only sensible of Mr Shorter to take advantage of such a marketing opportunity

Top Bottom