Would appreciate feedback on this potential new product

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Dewey

Hi all,

Through a friend of my brother's, I have the opportunity of distributing a product called FreeWheelin here in the UK. Info on it can be found at the following website: http://www.soundryder.com

The idea behind it is that using bluetooth it safely allows you to listen to music and answer your phone while riding while still being able to hear what is happening around you.

Would be good to hear if you thought it would be useful or not and what sort of price you would expect or be prepared to pay.

Thanks a lot for your help, really appreciate it.

Tim

Definitely would not appeal to me and TBH, I'd object to it on grounds of noise-pollution:gun:.
On a more practical note I'd be worried about degree of weather-proofness, extra weight on the helmet, security of attachment and, at approximately £90 a pop, availability of spare / replacement parts in the event of an accident.
HTH

Have a look at other products...

There have been a whole range of these from ones that use the helmet itself as the speaker, to ones that fix to the straps, to ones that act as ear muffs and also contain speakers.

The common factors are the wind noise and the volume.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My feedback 1) I do not ride with a helmet
I do but each to their own no argument about it
2) I don't listen to music when cycling
Me either i know that people that have hearing issues ride bikes but distracting yourself from your surroundings whilst sharing space with other users encased in a 2 ton box is not my idea of a bright idea
3) If the phone rings I either stop and answer it,or ignore it
+1

If I had all the money in the world, I would not buy it
what about ?

beer-hat-beer-helmet-pic-8.jpg

If they can streamline it i can see the TT /trialthon crowd going mad for it as long as they can fill it with their go go juice of choice .

Reactions: 4F

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
One of the reasons for me going out cycling is to get away from noise, so I ride into quiet places, so not for me thanks. Realistically it would have to be turned up so loud to drown out traffic noise for commuters it will be a nuisance to others and a hazard to the individual..

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
My feedback 1) I do not ride with a helmet 2) I don't listen to music when cycling 3) If the phone rings I either stop and answer it,or ignore it

If I had all the money in the world, I would not buy it

Sums up my view on it too.

GC

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
A) you aren't really researching are you, you're trying to sell stuff. Give kitchens a go next, they're popular on here too.

B) what everyone else has said, why would I want to spoil my me time and the joy of being in the world not zoning myself out of it with a crass audio product.

Reactions: 4F
Top Bottom