Would appreciate feedback on this potential new product

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herbie

Veteran
Hi all,

Through a friend of my brother's, I have the opportunity of distributing a product called FreeWheelin here in the UK. Info on it can be found at the following website: http://www.soundryder.com

The idea behind it is that using bluetooth it safely allows you to listen to music and answer your phone while riding while still being able to hear what is happening around you.

Would be good to hear if you thought it would be useful or not and what sort of price you would expect or be prepared to pay.

Thanks a lot for your help, really appreciate it.

Tim

As much I like music listening to it while cycling doesn't appeal to me.....sometimes I like to have a bit of a sing song to myself while pedalling along....does anyone else?

buggi

Bird Saviour
let me try it on my commute and I'll give you some honest feedback. I would think the wind may take away a lot of the music tho

Ern1e

Über Member
Sorry not a product for me I go with @Herbie on the sing along my miles lol, also answer the phone whilst moving WHY the hell would I want to do that ? I only take the thing with me for use in an emergency situation or I need a quick camera and it also has a radio built in if I wanted to use such a thing. So thanks but no thanks I to like the peace well except me singing that is.

OP
OP
T

Tim Dewey

A) you aren't really researching are you, you're trying to sell stuff. Give kitchens a go next, they're popular on here too.

B) what everyone else has said, why would I want to spoil my me time and the joy of being in the world not zoning myself out of it with a crass audio product.
Hi, I am ACTUALLY genuinely researching this. At the moment I have absolutely no interest in the website link I gave out nor ANY affiliation to the company besides the chap being a friend of my brothers. I appreciate the feedback you've all given and based on it it looks like a 'no go' which confirms the feedback I received from my cycling friends. Thanks

OP
OP
T

Tim Dewey

Did you notice how Tim Dewey didnt come back :0)

Steve
Hi Steve, the only reason I didn't come back is besides an email stating I had one contribution to my post I got no further notifications so assumed, for whatever reason, that was it as I am new to the site. Also since posting I have been out of the country (and still am) with a day job to do. I appreciate everyone's feedback and apologies for the delay in responding. Best wishes, Tim

Ganymede

Veteran
I appreciate the feedback you've all given and based on it it looks like a 'no go' which confirms the feedback I received from my cycling friends. Thanks

Interesting to hear Tim, thanks. I suspect there may be a young demographic which is noise-loving and gadget-crazy, a bit like in skiing (I'm on a ski hol at present and all the young have cameras and headphones and love that awful business of ruining the mountain atmosphere with loud, cr*p dance tracks), but also cyclists are often nature-lovers and/or have a contemplative side which precludes products like these.

Top Bottom