Would I be able to come completely change my tyres or should I just buy a new bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
If I repeat myself, maybe you'll pay attention to the pertinent bit of my post this time...
Just because you can do it, that doesn't make it a good idea.

Crazy stuff like riding a Boris bike up Ventoux or doing LEJOG on a gaspipe special are ridiculous examples of what these bikes are "capable" of, but don't exactly constitute helpful advice to people who live in the real world. The OP isn't looking to get an appearance on Ripley's Believe It Or Not, he just wants something to commute on.
Yes doesnt help comparing riding up ventoux on a boris bike either , your the one who boughtthat one up i stated a bike that was free did lejog showing a basic bike is more than capable of being used which i s what i thought the OP was asking as they were on about tyres or a new bike as they flet there bike was cheap nd not up to the job.
I will leave this thread before it goes any further because you seem determined to squabble about it , i have better things to do .

Globalti

Legendary Member
The Decathlon style is that they "package" their sports equipment to people of varying ability so as a couple of people have posted above they are suggesting this bike would suit somebody who would expect to be riding for an hour or two.

It looks a good bike for the money and easy to ride. Those tyres are perfect for that kind of bike, no need to waste money. Buy a saddlebag, spare tube, tyre levers and frame pump with the money so as not to have to walk home first time it punctures.

Last edited:
Top Bottom