Would I feel much difference in a new bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisEyles

Guru
The decathlon triban 3 always gets rave review as an entry level road bike, might be worth checking out.

But as has already been suggested, if you enjoy riding the TdF then I would stick with what you have, lose those 3kg, get a bit fitter in the process - and then if you have cash to burn, spend it on some better wheels/tyres.

OP
OP
cuske

cuske

Regular
The £400 budget is what I set myself, I would have spent a couple of hundred more for the right bike but I had a stroke of luck today. I went to the bike shop to get a spare tube and came away with a raleigh revenio two with virtually no miles on it for £300. It's only got one slight scuff on it so I'm happy to try that for now. It's a big improvement on the TDF, lighter and a better fitting bike. I've just been out and done 42.5 miles in 2 hours 51. I never did the same route on my TDF but that's an hour less than I managed on my hybrid last year.

@cuske looks good for the price :thumbsup:
You should get quicker as you get used to it, that avg is about what I do on my Viking, with a little bit more variation to my rides than you might get over Cleethorpes way.

Have fun and enjoy.

BAtoo

Über Member
but I had a stroke of luck today. I went to the bike shop to get a spare tube and came away with a raleigh revenio two with virtually no miles on it for £300.

Well that's a pretty quick N+1 purchase - question asked at 00.22hrs and back from the almost 3hr ride only 16hours later...^_^

Enjoy your new toy ---- you realise that the N+1 position is now vacant in your bike shed:laugh:

OP
OP
cuske

cuske

Regular
Well that's a pretty quick N+1 purchase - question asked at 00.22hrs and back from the almost 3hr ride only 16hours later...^_^

Enjoy your new toy ---- you realise that the N+1 position is now vacant in your bike shed:laugh:

It was a total impulse buy, but one I'm happy with, what's N+1? I've got 3 bikes all living in the house at the minute, need to clear the shed out.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
N is your current bicycle stable, so when you add one, it's referred to as N+1. Congratulations on the new steed, and the dedication of the shed for cycling purposes.

Top Bottom