1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would I look like Hanibal lecter in this?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 15 Nov 2007.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

2. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

BTFB you would probably melt in the bloody thing or get invited to some dodgy parties.

Have you tried a buff can be worn as a basic balacava and once you are warmed up can be pulled down so its like a snood will give you more options than the gimp mask.

3. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I'd be interested to know if anyone has tried this. My nose was agony this morning.

I use a buff as described. The only trouble is that when pulled down around the neck, it does prevent a fair bit of sweat from dissipating.

4. Membrane

Membrane New Member

No, no, you need one of these for that:

[​IMG]

5. Bigtallfatbloke

I may buy it...I seem to have a very low cold threshold compared to a lot of peeps...either that or I'm just not pushing hard enough.

6. Bigtallfatbloke

I may buy it...I seem to have a very low cold threshold compared to a lot of peeps...either that or I'm just not pushing hard enough.

7. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I found myself having to aim my breath upwards this morning to stop my nose freezing off.

8. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I found myself having to aim my breath upwards this morning to stop my nose freezing off.

9. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

i got a cheapo one from tchibo last year. required some additional cuts to the mouth hole to stop my shades steaming up.

10. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

i got a cheapo one from tchibo last year. required some additional cuts to the mouth hole to stop my shades steaming up.

11. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

it was cold this morning granted, I was on the scooter with the winter lining in the jacket and handlebar muffs and I could feel the cold nibbling around the edges

good luck out there with jack frost, I'll back with y'all Monday, maybe tomorrow

just spoke to LBS, trued (again) tricky one involving three loose spokes, not for the home mechanic apparently

cold face here I come

12. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

it was cold this morning granted, I was on the scooter with the winter lining in the jacket and handlebar muffs and I could feel the cold nibbling around the edges

good luck out there with jack frost, I'll back with y'all Monday, maybe tomorrow

just spoke to LBS, trued (again) tricky one involving three loose spokes, not for the home mechanic apparently

cold face here I come