Would it be ridiculous if .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Surely you would not by carbon and the disguise them?
Of course you do , its the hidden weapon and why they are named attack bars and the like . Hide them under tape and then when someone tries to take you on the B53 to Cirencester BOOM BABY ! They find out the hard way that you are riding on carbon bars :becool:
That's also a well known fact that you didn't know but I have no idea if the B53 goes to Cirencester . to be honest I don't even know where Cirencester is but that shouldn't get in the way of facts .

ayceejay

Guru
If you listen to some on this forum you should only ever buy what you need and no more, I say if it will bring you pleasure and not get you into debt go for it.

Remembering of course that carbon will dissolve in the rain, and that you need special gloves to hold them, Rapha make those.
This is such a silly thing to say. everybody uses waterproof bar tape these days, and those 3T bars have a hole at each end anyway. do you like live in the 70's or summut.

buggi

Bird Saviour
I personally believe that the look of the bike is more important than anything else. If you don't look at it and immediately want to get on it, then what is the point? Do to your bike whatever it takes to make you love going out on it. My favourite bike I ever had was down to the paint job and nothing else. I was out on it all the time. God I loved that bike. And I now have a full carbon bike and an alloy one, and I use the alloy one more because I love the colour, even though its heavier and slower. If you want them, go get them. Life is too short to give a shoot about whether its justified or not

U

User6179

At least the onset of rain acts as a warning, my alloy bars broke with no warning at all:sad:.

My alloy frame snapped without warning as well , but its no carbon so nobody heres about it , my carbon frame cracked and was still rideable for 3000 miles :smile:

U

User6179

I personally believe that the look of the bike is more important than anything else. If you don't look at it and immediately want to get on it, then what is the point? Do to your bike whatever it takes to make you love going out on it. My favourite bike I ever had was down to the paint job and nothing else. I was out on it all the time. God I loved that bike. And I now have a full carbon bike and an alloy one, and I use the alloy one more because I love the colour, even though its heavier and slower. If you want them, go get them. Life is too short to give a shoot about whether its justified or not

Buggi, everything that was ever reviewed or bought is because of how it looks , we can all kid ourselves on that we buy things because they are superior and science says so but really it is how they look , we all just like pretty things !!

U

User6179

I suppose people that live there must like it, I could never get on with the wooden saddles myself

The cyclists that know their stuff all started racing in the 70s or before , the peanuts of the club are all 80s or 90s children , I am late to the game but I listen to the old heeds because they all know their stuff , on the tail , on the nose :smile:

U

User6179

The cyclists that know their stuff all started racing in the 70s or before , the peanuts of the club are all 80s or 90s children , I am late to the game but I listen to the old heeds because they all know their stuff , on the tail , on the nose :smile:

Peanuts , I meant daffodils !!!

I have never been a fan of carbon handlebars as nearly every time I have come off at mostly low speeds it is always the bars that hit the deck first and take most of the impact , I would be changing bars all the time as I could not trust that they were not damaged .
So stop falling off! Or buy a trike.*

I've recently put some aero integrated bars on the road bike. The flat tops are very comfortable and are, of course, colour matched to the frame (this is important).

*just kidding :tongue:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
So what if the bars hit the floor when you come off? If they look ok then pick the bike up and ride off, just like the pros do. Carbon Fibre is a tough material (Otherwise we wouldn't all be riding forks made from it), not Waterford Crystal.

And before someone says it, no the pro teams do not have X-Ray machines to look for hidden damage in carbon fibre. After a crash a mechanic gives the bike a quick once over and if nothings broken or falling off hands it back to the rider.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
So what if the bars hit the floor when you come off? If they look ok then pick the bike up and ride off, just like the pros do. Carbon Fibre is a tough material (Otherwise we wouldn't all be riding forks made from it), not Waterford Crystal.

And before someone says it, no the pro teams do not have X-Ray machines to look for hidden damage in carbon fibre. After a crash a mechanic gives the bike a quick once over and if nothings broken or falling off hands it back to the rider.
They could be wearing xray specs and that's why you don't think they have a machine . You need to keep up with the times :cuppa:

Top Bottom