Would it be ridiculous if .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
..... I bought carbon handlebars ?

The forks and seat post are carbon but frame is aluminium.
Would I need a carbon frame to justify having new carbon bars do you think ?

Nothing wrong with my current set by the way but Iv seen a lovely set of 3T bars in a shop the other week and feel that I just have to have them to complete the look I want :wacko:
Yes I know I'm sad

U

User6179

I have never been a fan of carbon handlebars as nearly every time I have come off at mostly low speeds it is always the bars that hit the deck first and take most of the impact , I would be changing bars all the time as I could not trust that they were not damaged .

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have never been a fan of carbon handlebars as nearly every time I have come off at mostly low speeds it is always the bars that hit the deck first and take most of the impact , I would be changing bars all the time as I could not trust that they were not damaged .
This is what puts me off , but if the OP likes them then why not ?
If its purely weight saving some good alloy bars can be cheaper than cheap carbon.

U

User6179

This is what puts me off , but if the OP likes them then why not ?
If its purely weight saving some good alloy bars can be cheaper than cheap carbon.

Some ally bars are as light the carbon ones , my good bike has very light ally bars and stem and seat post so going carbon to save 100 grams is pointless for a fat git like me , if the OP has shed every last gram of fat then go for it but a diet would be cheaper ^_^

screenman

Legendary Member
If you listen to some on this forum you should only ever buy what you need and no more, I say if it will bring you pleasure and not get you into debt go for it.

Remembering of course that carbon will dissolve in the rain, and that you need special gloves to hold them, Rapha make those.

U

User6179

If you listen to some on this forum you should only ever buy what you need and no more, I say if it will bring you pleasure and not get you into debt go for it.

Remembering of course that carbon will dissolve in the rain, and that you need special gloves to hold them, Rapha make those.

Good advice ^_^

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Go for it ! I love my carbon bars and if I see a good deal will be buying some for the other bikes that are alu .

Drago

Legendary Member
If you want them because you like them, and appreciate they won't make you any faster then go for it. Just liking the look of them is a good enough reason.

Is this solely for when on the tops or is the tape made of carbon too? I'm calling shenanigans.

Top Bottom