Would it be worth upgrading.............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi there,

I'm pretty new to cycling and currently ride a 2014 Giant defy 3 with a set of campo Zonda wheels which I find does everything I really need.

I usually do a couple of 20 mile loops in the week and just done my first '50' at an average of 14/15mph so really am a novice.

My question is this, my workplace has recently anounced they are to support the cycle to work scheme and as I get on well with my current bike was thinking of getting a Defy 0 and putting the Zonda's on from my 3 and keeping that as a winter bike.

Do people think this would be worth the effort as essentially it appears that the main difference would be Ultegra compared to my existing Sora groupset.

I realise the Ultegra is superior but not having ridden anything else other than my own bike I have nothing to compare to.

Thanks in advance.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Why not !! Do it

Slioch

Guru
Sora is perfectly acceptable performance-wise, however once you've tried Ultegra the Sora will feel a bit agricultural. Go for the upgrade and keep the Sora for your winter bike.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
N+1 @jamin100

Cycle to work is a good way of getting a nice bike if you can spare the 83.33 out of your salary each month ( presuming spend of 1k)

Some people will come along and diss it and say get a 0% credit card, but not everyone can get one of those.

Get the defy with ultegra, if 11 speed then you wont be able to use the zondas so check the spec carefully

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I don't see the point in having two bikes that are virtually identical apart from groupset. I would personally try something different if you feel that you must get an N+1.

Tojo

Über Member
N+1 @jamin100

Cycle to work is a good way of getting a nice bike if you can spare the 83.33 out of your salary each month ( presuming spend of 1k)

Some people will come along and diss it and say get a 0% credit card, but not everyone can get one of those.

Get the defy with ultegra, if 11 speed then you wont be able to use the zondas so check the spec carefully

The 11sp should fit the Zonda's as there will be a spacer behind the Sora cassette.....:thumbsup:

Top Bottom