Would like to gain weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for all the advice and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. I eat constantly and am always hungry so I think protein shakes might be worth a try? Has anybody got any recommendations or preferences on protien shakes (flavour, price etc)

If you just eat more calories than you burn through cycling, then you'll add fat.

Essentially you will become a skinny fat guy. Long legs, skinny arms, fat belly and 2 chins.

If you want to look "bulkier" then you need to add muscle. This can only be done by overloading your existing muscles and then feeding them so they grom back bigger and stronger. The squats workout above is good or google "Stronglifts 5X5" for a basic workout based on big compound lifts.

I'm 6'3'' and have always been slim. Trust me, skinny fat is not a good look!!

EDIT - myprotein.co.uk for cheap good whey protein.

clarksonDM2603_228x468.jpg

One Louder

Thanks for all the advice and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. I eat constantly and am always hungry so I think protein shakes might be worth a try? Has anybody got any recommendations or preferences on protien shakes (flavour, price etc)

I just buy the Holland & Barrett vanilla whey, nothing fancy.

Remember though not to use the shakes as a replacement for actual meals but as a compliment if you're struggling to reach your desired cals.

walker

USN Protein Shakes, Speak to a shop member for the correct one for your needs as all are different, the chocolate one is the only shake I have ever tried that goes with water

darkstar

Eat more, but don't sacrifice your diet. Eat good, healthy foods, also try increasing the protein content. At the moment I'm on a right boring nutrition plan, I have a list of foods I can eat, whatever i can make from the list is fine, but it means no beer or snacks :sad:

plainlazy

Über Member
I was in the same boat, 5ft' 8 - 9.5 stone and cycling around 75 miles a week.
Started using free weights 2 or 3 times a week and taking protein shakes just before a session.
Six months down the line and lots of hard work, i am now 12 stone and beginning to move up a shirt size.
Recommend "My protein" mint chocolate.
Don't seem to eat more, just watch what i eat.

So protein is the key eh?
I added booze and extra cream fat to my diet for 10+ years and am still the same waist size, despite wanting to add weight.

Glad other lightweights are having this problem blessing. My work colleagues seem to think that it is a blessing, but of course, it is not.

I would rather be lean, fit and well, than lean and unwell.

Protein shakes it is then.

KRUSSELL

Guinness

Top Bottom