Would you buy a house here ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
No, I'd like to buy a house somewhere that isn't going to be flooded by halfway through the century...

Liked the comments by people about milton keynes - especially the bloke from northampton 'there are no narrow streets or tucked away pubs' etc.
Shows how much he knows...and probably how well he's looked for them. Milton Keynes was originally several old villages and they just filled in the gaps between them. Wolverton, Milton Keynes Village (the original MK), Simpson and Woolston all have narrow streets and tucked away pubs...also it has the highest concentration of voluntary and community groups in the UK.

God here I am defending MK...it's really not that bad.

Bokonon

Über Member
twowheelsgood said:
Am I the only person who doesn't think MK is not all that bad? But then I did live in Swindon...

Nope. I like Milton Keynes as well. Its biggest failing is that it is car-centric, though the road system does work really well for cars, less so for a bus system. Early plans for MK included a mono-rail system, which would have been really cool if it had come to fruition.

Not there, but I live in another 'regeneration area', there's not much at the moment but it appears to be planned for the alternative modes better. Its close to the city centre (3.5mls) got lots of cycle paths/ lanes, plenty of secure bike storage (though only my commuting bike is left in the locker/ my better bikes are in the flat :smile:), well served by buses (although I prefer the bike) and eventually the tram is coming to my front door, not holding my breath though.

Top Bottom