Would you buy now; height of the season of wait until later in the year; end of the season?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bicykell

I had an interesting afternoon trying out a Cervello R2, a Bianchi intenso veloce, a Giant Defy advanced 1 and a Look 655. Rather than hijack yours I've put my findings in another post. They are all in or under your price bracket, and I was surprised at the conclusions I've come to so far. Hope you're. Or as bewildered as me.....

Bicykell

Sorry that was supposed to be not as bewildered.....The auto spell checker must have thrown a hissy fit from me insisting on keeping the Bianchi model spelt correctly.

zizou

Veteran
Buy it now if you can, who knows what the future may bring.

Also if you get it now, you will hopefully have a period of nice weather to ride in and enjoy - get it in the autumn or winter, you might save a bit of money but the weather might be crap and you'll be riding it with salt on the roads. The sensible thing to do then would be to use your secteur as a winter bike rather than the sparkly new one with more expensive components.

IME the bikes that are going to have big discounts on them in the autumn are already going to be available with good discounts now if you shop around. The most popular and/or good value models from 2015 are likely to already be short in supply in many sizes so you might be waiting on a big discount that doesnt come simply because the availability isnt there and then you will be looking at the 2016 model year instead.

Cold Snail

Über Member
I've failed miserably and pulled the trigger on a 2015 Genesis Tour de fer as a replacement for my other 4 working bikes.
I did manage to get a deal though, from £900 to £765 and it should be here sometime tomorrow.

Bicykell

I've failed miserably and pulled the trigger on a 2015 Genesis Tour de fer as a replacement for my other 4 working bikes.
I did manage to get a deal though, from £900 to £765 and it should be here sometime tomorrow.
Why have you failed? It looks like a very nice bike. Or am I missing something? I fancy a go on a tour de fer myself but my Genesis LBS sizes start at 54 cm. on any model. They have offered to get a 52 in for me to try but I don't like feeling obliged - even though they assure me there's no obligation.
I'd love to hear your opinion.

Cold Snail

Über Member
I was hoping to pick up a better deal when the newer version comes out in August, (there will be some upgraded models for next year as well as the £900 'entry' bike), but I really liked the red shade of the 2015 model and they have pretty much sold out everywhere.
When it turns up, I'll go for a spin and grab a few photos.

Top Bottom