Would you join the territorial army?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GBC

Veteran
Christ, call it the 'SA80' in my regiment and you'd get a dry slap. It's the 'five-five-six'. SA80 (Small Arms for the 1980's) was the name if the MoD minimum spec when the project went out to manufacturers for tender and has never been the name of the actual weapon.

People still come out with that crap about the UK dropping the the .762 because the .556 is more likely to injure than kill, and thus is a greater drain on enemy resources. Bull. It's Simpky a more appropriate round for an assault rifle, and just happened to have been the standard of our NATO allies since the 60's, so there were logistical and cost advantages as well.

You wouldn't like to move your decimal points one space to the right would you?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
In the creepy firearms nerd business? Bit rich, the manners thing, given your first post on this thread...

You should probably know by now that Saddle bum is so irritable he should probably change his name to Saddle sore...

That was a joke, Saddle bum, please don't shoot me... :thumbsup:

Saddle bum

Über Member
"That was a joke, Saddle bum, please don't shoot me..."

At todays price of 55p per shot, shooting those that irritate can become an expensive business to those so inclined. (I am not so inclined, btw).

"Those that beat their swords into ploughshears, will plough for those that don't."

Top Bottom