Would you notice 1mm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Agghh I got an email from Wiggle to tell me they couldn't supply the '08 Grand Prix I wanted; their supplier is messing them about.
By ways of apology for 'mucking me about' (their words) they have sent me a massive voucher for £1.80 and the nearest similar product I can find is a '09 Grand Prix but they only come in 22mm and 24mm. I'm currently using 23mm's would I really notice 1mm of a difference :evil: ?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
No. 1mm is nothing, and in any case, in any given size there's more difference than 1mm between different brands/types - I'm sure you could find '22mm' tyres that are actually wider than other '23mm' tyres.

jimboalee

Front or rear?

My SWorks has Conti Force/Attack. Rear is 23mm. Front is 22mm.

The next tyres on that bike will be folding UltraGatorskin 23mm front and rear ( cus I got them dirt cheap ).

My Bro-in-law had a Bianchi with 20mm tyres on 18mm rims. I noticed the difference from the Michelin 22mm tyres I had on my Pug.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
[quote name='swee'pea99']No. 1mm is nothing, and in any case, in any given size there's more difference than 1mm between different brands/types - I'm sure you could find '22mm' tyres that are actually wider than other '23mm' tyres.[/QUOTE]
I've measured 28mm Gatorskins at 26mm, and 25mm Pro2 Race at 27mm, both on Open Pro rims

Top Bottom